1. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

Some questions

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by kinwolf, Oct 17, 2019.

1. kinwolf

kinwolf Member

Life being what it is(and 2 kids taking alot of free time, heh) it's been more than a year since I used D20Pro (I ran a Red Hand of Doom campaign with D&D 5e rules. It went relatively well with a group of 4 scattered over 200 km. Most quirks we had were due to lack of experience with the software, and fighting the somewhat dated UI<<--this is my humble opinion, I respect everyone that like the interface as is :) )

I now have some free time *knock on wood* and I was looking at starting something new with a new system(I finally settled on Mythras(Runequest 6) I've wanted to try Runequest ever since my old rpg gang tried a few sessions of Warhammer 2nd ed waaayyyy back in high school.)

Question 1: A year ago, there were talks of the rule api and a github repo, and I was wondering if that was completed yet? I haven't found any other info on that. I did find the github repo, but the last push was one year ago(the initial push?) and I do not see how to really use the api, no doc?.(I dabble with python alot, but never java)

Question 2: Related to Q1: Would it be possible for me, with the latest D20Pro version and whatever tools are now available in it, to implement the Mythras ruleset? Or am I daydreaming and this would be a monumental task? (if it's not possible, we'll settle for a D100 dice roller and simply use D20Pro for the maps exploration part)

Thanks!

#1 kinwolf, Oct 17, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 17, 2019
  2. Wesley Gorby

Wesley Gorby Production/Community Manager
    Staff Member

This would be my suggestion to use that system at this time. Eventually, the RUles API will make things like this a lot easier, but currently, it needs some love and attention to be useful for most average users. Just my two coppers :)

3. kinwolf

kinwolf Member

That's what I figured. No biggie.
    Is there a new tentative roadmap on what will be worked on?
    Last time I checked(many, many months ago) there was some talks of maybe one day changing the UI(by replacing the library used for the GUI for a newer one I think? )

4. Wesley Gorby

Wesley Gorby Production/Community Manager
    Staff Member

The UI/UX update is currently underway, yes.