1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

Contest11

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Wesley Gorby, Jun 20, 2015.

1. Wesley Gorby

Wesley Gorby Production/Community Manager
    Staff Member

Describe a feature you would like to see in d20Pro and why.

2. bssutton27

bssutton27 Member

Aura's that can move with the character.

3. AEIOU

AEIOU Member

I would like to see d20Pro interface more directly with HeroLab. Rather than import the data, open portfolios directly so they may be edited and revised from HeroLab both during d20Pro gameplay and in preparation. The interface for HeroLab is solid and the userbase established. It would be great to leverage that into d20Pro more seamlessly so we can update PC's, update recurring NPC's more easily and add encounters quickly.

4. AEIOU

AEIOU Member

I would like to see d20Pro integrate for maps and encounters with RealmWorks. There had been some vague hints during the Kickstarter and discussions on the LWD forums didn't shoot it down. So I'm optimistic maps could be prepared in d20Pro and then be viewable/stored in RealmWorks for future use.

5. Uphill Gamer

Uphill Gamer New Member

I would love to see, primarily in the d20 systems such as D&D and Pathfinder, a more integrated implementation of character sections such as feats, spells, and items. Having a list is useful for sure, but having the option to enter actual stat effecting information into each section so that a Ring of Protection +2, for example, actually adds to AC automatically would be very helpful. Admittedly this would need more GM oversight because of stacking rules, or perhaps maybe just an automatic "takes the highest bonus" option of some sort could solve the issue.

Feats and Spells need this even more so. I understand that the accepted procedure is to make a "special ability" to cover some of these, especially spells, but this is not ideal. The Abilities section is not designed to cover many of the spell and feat options that a player can choose, so dedicated sections seem like the best answer. Anything that takes adjudication away from players, allowing them to focus on the RP is always a plus in my book, especially as the one who is usually running the games.

6. Uphill Gamer

Uphill Gamer New Member

Another feature that would be very useful, especially with my group, would be the option to have several gamelog windows open, not just as tabs within the same window. Also, having a player's text color setting from their client have priority over other player's, and GM's, clients when concerning their output would be helpful as well. At the very least, the GM having the ability to assign a different color to each player tracking log posts much easier.