1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

Laggy even without lights

Discussion in 'Bug Reports & Installation Support' started by Tay-Dor, Jul 15, 2016.

1. Tay-Dor

Tay-Dor Active Member

My lag improved a lot with 3.6.11. Hopefully you can resolve it.

2. sircomac

sircomac Member

Any update? I would like to be able to use this software

3. Wesley Gorby

Wesley Gorby Production/Community Manager
    Staff Member

prior to this, however I would check with your video card site and make sure you are using the latest OpenGL drivers for your card. Nvidia has a seperate install for many of it's cards for OpenGL support. It would also be worth suggesting that you go into your video card control software and 'reset to factory defaults' both nvidia and radeon control suites have this option in them somewhere. this will insure that some changed setting in the past is not hampering or limiting normal operations.

as a test in the batch file use the switch -Dsun.java2d.opengl=false this goes before the jar element.
    so something like;

start .\jre\bin\javaw.exe -Xmx512m -Dsun.java2d.ddoffscreen=false -Dsun.java2d.noddraw -Dsun.java2d.d3d=false -Dsun.java2d.opengl=false -jar d20Pro.jar

and obviously use the bat file to launch.

4. sircomac

sircomac Member

i am getting latest driver..but i did see this on website Originally developed by Silicon Graphics in the early '90s, OpenGLĀ® has become the most widely-used open graphics standard in the world. NVIDIA supports OpenGL and a complete set of OpenGL extensions, designed to give you maximum performance on our GPUs. NVIDIA continues to support OpenGL as well through technical papers and our large set of examples on our NVIDIA Graphics SDK.

5. sircomac

sircomac Member

it did help some to lower the tile quality to low.. but not sure what else will help
    was there any other change between .9 and .11 that could be biting me?

as a update i inserted your statement for open GL and it seems much faster i will do some more testing with players but this seems to be a good idea thx

#25 sircomac, Oct 22, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2016
  6. Wesley Gorby

Wesley Gorby Production/Community Manager
    Staff Member

yeah like I mention, it could be just something specific with that series card that is twitchy with OpenGL. There are a huge number of factors in play when it comes to this and anyone of them could be the cause.

glad the flag suggestion showed you some relief though.

7. sircomac

sircomac Member

I upgraded my system to a 8 core 8350E with new motherboard and 8GB of ram still the 650 nvidia with 4gb of video memory. The client performance is stil l slow ..taking a long time to load and my performance is still not where it used to be with 3.6.9 . How hard would it be to go back to 3.6.9.. uninstall and resinstall...any reason that would not work?

8. owlbear

owlbear Administrator
    Staff Member

this might be related to the other 6xx issue we were seeing in another post.

I'm going to work on a 3.6.12 release which just upgrades Java. The feature updates for the next round are not ready yet.

However, moving to the newest NVidia aware version of java might help you folks with 6xx cards. We don't have any systems matching that spec to test against unfortunately.

My preference would be to roll a beta for this and have you try it out. Thoughts?

9. Bloodwolf

Bloodwolf Member

I had a bad lag problem but recently updated my RAM from 4G to 8G and it helped a lot.