1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

Handout Strangeness

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Apsalar, Jan 31, 2017.

1. Apsalar

Apsalar New Member

So, I prepared a bunch of handouts for my adventure. When I click the "people" button, I get the option to choose who gets the handout out. However, when I do this, even if I only select one player, the handout is being sent to everyone. Not only that, but it sends as many as six of my other handouts at the same time! I am not highlighting multiple handouts and I am definitely only selecting one person to get the hand out.

Anyone have an idea what I might be doing wrong?

2. edwardcd

edwardcd Administrator
    Staff Member

hi Apsalar!

D20PRO likes to share all previously shared handouts when performing a single share. Thus, what I would do is prior to the gaming session go into each handout and set the permissions to none for every handout. Then when you share, share the most important one, then revoke access after you're done sharing. This way it will continually be clean where only one handout will be seen when you set the permissions.

3. Wesley Gorby

Wesley Gorby Production/Community Manager
    Staff Member

yeah, that is getting a rework to make it a bit more friendly (work as expected) and be much less twitchy..

4. Apsalar

Apsalar New Member

Thanks for the info, edwardcd. I will try that work around.

5. Whirlingdervish

Is there a the possibility of adding a tab to the character menu where the players can access all handouts that the player has permission to see?

Tay-Dor and Josh Scott like this.
  6. owlbear

owlbear Administrator
    Staff Member

hrm. neat idea to add the handout to the creature model (or a link to it). That shouldn't be too hard... will look into it on the code side.

Lonewolf147 likes this.