1. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

Variable pog/token images

Discussion in 'Feature Requests' started by PastorOfMuppets, Mar 22, 2017.

1. PastorOfMuppets

PastorOfMuppets New Member

I was thinking it would be nice for those who have multiple tokens for a type of creature, for the system to randomly assign any tagged tokens to encounters when they happen. For example, if I have 3 different tokens tagged #wolf and 5 #goblins, and the PC's run into a group of 4 goblins with a wolf it would randomly pull the images for them. I don't think they'd have to be unique every time - if the unRNG so chose, all 4 goblins could still look the same but probably would not given probability.

2. Blind2karma

Blind2karma New Member

That could be useful. How about something like this: Instead what if you could toggle between a selection of images for a creature token. The idea is you stick half a dozen goblins in your encounter and then toggle the images to the goblin image you want for that specific token. This would also work for character images and different weapon/armor/no armor etc. really the idea could open up numerous options.
    Just my thoughts added to your idea:)

3. owlbear

owlbear Administrator
    Staff Member

We have a few threads on this currently. But yeah, the general plan is to provide this type of functionality during the next dev phase. We're closing in on a finished Feature Library release -- after that is tokens and map renderer refresh.

Once this is done you'll could easily set up a feature which randomizes the token image when the creature is added to the table -- you might actually be able to do that even before the token refresh ;) hrmmm... brain + wheels = turning.

Lonewolf147 likes this.