1. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

3.6.11.18 Session Name

Discussion in 'Bug Reports & Installation Support' started by Robotguy, May 9, 2017.

1. Robotguy

Robotguy Member

When I entered a session name and choose a campaign for the first time, it asked if I wanted to make a backup. I was using the Tutorial(5e) so I said no, and when I exited the dialog, it changed my session name to 'alias-Tutorial(5e)' and started the session. It didn't use the session name I had entered.

2. owlbear

owlbear Administrator
    Staff Member

This is intentional but I'm open to suggestions.

Basically we're looking for a mechanism which discourages duplication of sessions on the pub/sub server. By appending your alias and campaign name we stand a better chance of having a unique session name.

That being said, the intent was to provide an auto-generated suggestion, not require you to then use it. I'll see what might be causing a forced session name.

3. owlbear

owlbear Administrator
    Staff Member

Okay. So if you set your alias, choose your campaign then set your session name you can override the auto-generated name.

upload_2017-5-9_21-19-54.png

ironically, when testing... I was able to illustrate exactly why we were considering putting some limitations on session names. These are funny, but they could have just as easily been offensive.

upload_2017-5-9_21-21-22.png

that being said, we're not looking to sensor folks. I mean, testing123 is just so edgy!!!

4. Robotguy

Robotguy Member

5. owlbear

owlbear Administrator
    Staff Member

ooooh.. code name generator would be fun.... maybe when there's some spare time I'll add that as an option -- click a generate button to create a random custom code named session name!