1. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

feature library calculations output to Game Log

Discussion in 'Bug Reports & Installation Support' started by Gekko, Jan 7, 2018.

1. Gekko

Gekko New Member

Not realy a bug but is there a way to get calculations or the return value from a script (e.g. getCasterTotalLevels() ) to the Game Log?

I tried to put
    • "getCasterTotalLevels()" directly in the Log Entry field
    • put it in brackets {} and []
    • used a slash / and a backslash \
    • tried to use a script in the Execute Script field (where does "print" go?)
    No success.

#1 Gekko, Jan 7, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2018
  2. Gekko

Gekko New Member

Okay, in the 3.7.2.1 release notes it says "Added gamelog options for the scripting engine". How does this work? It seems, the scripts in the "Effect"-Box do literally nothing.
    In the flow diagram under "Effect" are knots to "Log Entry" and "Description". Do these have a function? I can't see any effect if I put text in there.

3. Tay-Dor

Tay-Dor Active Member

I believe they are supposed to be able to output flavor text to the gamelog.