1. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

Saving throws not matching

Discussion in 'Bug Reports & Installation Support' started by vanith, Feb 3, 2018.

1. vanith

vanith Member

Please be as detailed as possible (general things you might want to include in your post);
    what you are trying to do exactly?
    - Importing from HL into D20pro is causing weird issues with the saving throws to not match with what's in Hero Lab. The Reflex roll is consistently off by 2 or 3 points above what's in the system. The will save comes in with a bonus +2 in the base with the last four imports I did. I have to adjust the Reflex by -2 to get it to match.
    what the result was and/or what steps you took?
    - Dropped the HL using the native importer.
    Is the issue repeatable?
    - Yes
    what OS you are using?
    - Windows 10 - 1709 Edition
    what rules system are you using?
    - Pathfinder
    what version of the software are you using?
    - Beta D20pro 3.7.2.9

Attached Files:

#1 vanith, Feb 3, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2018
  2. vanith

vanith Member

I found this in the notes section of the tokens:
    Importer Error Log:
    Failure in extractor: peronal_allsaves
    Ignoring: Armor Check Penalty
    Ignoring weapon equipped: mainhand

3. Tay-Dor

Tay-Dor Active Member

Are you using the classes.txt from the camapaign template? Some of the creature types have variable saves and I had to pick one. As I'm building the Bestiary, I have to add or subtract the saves from time to time.

4. vanith

vanith Member

Owlbear gave me a private copy of the classes.txt that he built. I have been using that for the last week or so, do you want me to revert to what was in the original file?

5. Tay-Dor

Tay-Dor Active Member

Use what works for you. I was just noting if you used the current PF campaign template creature "classes" that's where some save issues could come into play.

Ie: the Outsider type says "two good saving throws, usually Reflex and Will." So if a particular Outsider has a different combination, those saves will be off, because the Outsider "class" will assign Ref and Will as good saves.

6. Wesley Gorby

Wesley Gorby Production/Community Manager
    Staff Member

yep, there are a few cases of things like that. :)

Tay-Dor likes this.
  7. Tay-Dor

Tay-Dor Active Member

Another thing I've noticed as I work on the Pathfinder build. Currently, D20PRO does not calculate the saves properly for Prestige Classes. So keep that in mind as well.