1. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

Mac OS X 10.5.8 Installation Issue [Java version issue]

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by gesusfnchrist, Aug 19, 2010.

1. gesusfnchrist

gesusfnchrist New Member

OS X 10.5.8

So yeah, I tried installing d20Pro on my Powerbook G4, but have been unable to do so. I did some research and found that Apple isn't releasing Java 1.6 for PowerPC based chipsets. It's for Intel based chipsets and even then, it must be 64-bit.

I searched your site and found a post regarding adding a "-DBypassJavaVersionCheck" parameter to the d20pro.sh file...

Contents of my d2oPro.sh file:
    However, it's not working for me.

I added the "bypass" parameter to the .sh file and ran the java command to install via terminal. I receive this message:
    I also tried running the d20Pro.sh script via terminal [sh d20pro.sh] and receive the same error message as noted above.

I even tried modifying the contents of the d20Pro application and had no luck there either.

Am I missing something? I really don't want to have to install macports and openJDK [amongst other required software/system tweaks] JUST to use this application.

Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks.

2. gesusfnchrist

gesusfnchrist New Member

Never mind. I fixed it myself.

I added the -dbypassjavacheck parameter but had to remove -Dsun.java2d.ddoffscreen=false from d20Pro.sh in order for it to work.

Then I ran the shell script via terminal and it started up!

3. Glav

Glav New Member

Hello gesusfnchrist,

I'm not quite sure that you needed to remove the "-Dsun.java2d.ddoffscreen=false"

Instead, it looks like in your first attempt, you had used the wrong case on the "-DBypassJavaVersionCheck" parameter. From your copied script, it looks like you had it set to "-DbypassJavaVersionCheck". Unfortunately, these parameters are case-sensitive.

As a test, can you try to add "-Dsun.java2d.ddoffscreen=false" back into your script while double-checking the case of all parameters to confirm or deny this and post back with your results?

Good Gaming,

--Glav