1. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

Importing monsters (Bestiary)

Discussion in 'Pathfinder' started by dragonlady, Nov 20, 2010.

1. dragonlady

dragonlady Member

I would like to use my bestiary from herolab, and was wondering how to import it into my d20pro.

Can I only do this ONE monster at a time (a very long process) or is there an easy import of the database from Herolab?

2. ogexam

ogexam Member

Just one at a time.

To export from herolab just choose export to d20Pro. It will create a .hld20pro file, then import it from inside d20pro creature library.

check the user generated content, someone has done the entire bestiary already.

3. dragonlady

dragonlady Member

Yeah found that. Great job too, it seems to have taken the user 6 weeks to do that.

It would be nice to be able to do this a little faster, but given that herolab only displays and exports one creature/character at a time, it would require the ability of d20pro to read the base herolab database rather than a simple export file.

So I guess this is not something we would see soon.

4. edwardcd

edwardcd Administrator
    Staff Member

I just looked at the HeroLab packages for the Bestiary, and yes, it is an encoded document. Which means for this to become a feature, HeroLab needs to be the one that offers it. Also, I've read the stock files, and they all reference the package files for the data.

Example of the contents..
    K%8Çܽڪöâÿ%㻭ʾ¯Ò´ ]}­G`dßÿÕùpŠžOZÄ‹ËÅÂÉóö’"ÿ遼®BsÒÈñsÏê{¤!ªñ»îa¥ªÄ]n“ƱgŽvè××…‡ ïÅ·ÙZ¹¿fO%èï|âæL.ÿ©üÿ9J”|½¾Hz ³›lRžV¸G<ˁ›øgÀ†aôþXÈ@-=³'ññ¢?s÷/<>T2¿¹k‡¶¿ÛÏjP-¼ó7þ‹ÜoÙ¾ ß…ô»+®²³;î\áC48\¾Ô®ùÂÿÃk"%q v0îGg'µG¤>¢ »éºÑæš]Ç‚BA2Üh† ù¾ÁûÇÜù{VÂù ò§Jã ]ÎÔÉ¡D :hÏÅ¢ µ%þž"2z‘86®ëH4ºO“¯Wê» ©Ðgœ[w‹Ï¤Wj’«Âî&ÚJpˆ‚΋-¦ÈÇÿãmJùÍ8è¯%É‚rύI¥ ìèœ?=Û* [ ´˜ša_j7´ùªÍÍsg¬>ÝбL÷ÔR¥©Ý¨$æ ‘s[•¹ ¯At^¬&õ›r·Axš”XZ ×QÊ v ÁcG-"¥5ºÚçPñ-Þ=b«›E 0Þ‹k;ú#;04™Oå|<5ÚäΖ^™ZåN]­*ǯï!Ã{)Ñ®&¢ÃŽ@ì½ù´„c(WÕª²Þ8|7Ôðå5ËS´P“>axFõªjw£qVkoõs‰}Šr º*šÝZíí;Z“)G§Ç¾”tžÓþ\‡y\׾ƫ1BòŠNյ攰CÅ