1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

3.6.11 - All creatures selected

Discussion in 'Bug Reports & Installation Support' started by timjthomas, Nov 12, 2016.

1. timjthomas

timjthomas New Member

I just updated from 3.5.7 and copied my campaign folder over. When I open a map and try to select one creature or PC, all are selected and move.

There seems to be no way for me to unselect them, or to just select one creature.

When I bring in a new creature, I can select it, but not just one from the original map.

2. owlbear

owlbear Administrator
    Staff Member

I've seen this before. save the map, close it, and reopen it. This will correct the locked token selection for upgraded campaigns.

I'm also looking into how to fix the problem, but it's a tricky one. I have a sneaky suspicion that it's related to UIN changes. Something to try would be right click on a creature and go to the Alter->Team option and change the team affiliation with the "Regenerate UIN" checked. However, this would change all the creatures to the same team type, so if you've got more than one team, use the save and reopen option.

upload_2016-11-12_19-22-50.png

3. timjthomas

timjthomas New Member

Save and reopen worked. However, I did notice another "strange behavior" (before I closed and reopened). As I double clicked on a few of the creatures, random creatures on the map were sent to limbo. They were always in the "passive portion" of the initiative list, but no longer on the map.

Looks like I may have to wait until I am ready to create new maps before moving to this version.

4. owlbear

owlbear Administrator
    Staff Member

Again, I've only seen this on maps made before 3.6 -- like yours -- unfortunately. What I'd suggest is that when you bring the campaign over, just immediately close and save the maps. this will save the state and allow you to restore them fairly quickly with the updated UIN system. The old system randomly assigned UIN's everytime the game was closed and opened causing issues with persisting effects between sessions.

5. timjthomas

timjthomas New Member

Thanks! Should I use the updater "jar" or just copy the judge folder? I've been simply copying the judge folder.

6. owlbear

owlbear Administrator
    Staff Member

Coping the judge folder is ideal -- and it leaves a back up in case things go south. we do everything we can to avoid that but we're making some pretty major engine changes, so sometimes "south" can be unavoidable.

7. kinwolf

kinwolf Member

Thanks for this thread! I met a bunch of weird problems this weekend opening old maps: I couldn't place markers, or fow zones, all creatures selected and moving together, not being able to edit a char.. I was going nuts! This solved almost all of it. For one map, beside saving it and reopening it, I also had to restart D20Pro to get all the functionalities back. But all is good now. This might be nice to mention in the changelog or in the support section of the website?

8. Bloodwolf

Bloodwolf Member

I had a similar problem a while back. And had to repopulate the whole map. Next time I will try this.

9. owlbear

owlbear Administrator
    Staff Member

I've also assigned this bug a high priority -- so I expect to have it resolved once and for all in the next release.

10. Bloodwolf

Bloodwolf Member

I believe mine was from a crash of the computer and thus an "improper" shut down. But it did have another strange feature. As I deleted one monster/PC a different icon would disappear. Luckily this has only happened once.

11. Wesley Gorby

Wesley Gorby Production/Community Manager
    Staff Member

def rebuild the UINs, if you hover over tokens do any of them have the same UIN number or does it list the UIN number as 0?