1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

Complete Pathfinder Bestiary!!

Discussion in 'User Created Content' started by bigkilla, Jun 25, 2010.

1. Remaker

Remaker Member

Love the monster pack, and hope that some version of it ends up as an official part of D20Pro.

My only complaint is that you don't have the CR and XP listed anywhere, which means that I still have to go to the SRD to figure things out. That might be a good thing to add since you're editing stuff anyway.

2. bigkilla

bigkilla Member

Good idea.Although I do not follow CR or use experience points in my games, so I never though about it.

3. Daeruin

Daeruin New Member

I second that. CR and XP would be important for me to have.

4. cyderak

cyderak Member

Third........Motion passed...

5. bigkilla

bigkilla Member

LO, well dont expect things to move along to fast on my end. My evil friends convinced me to reactivate my Wow accounts. That is taking up quite a bit of my time ATM.

6. Dan

Dan Member

Stickied!

7. Matt

Matt New Member

This may be a dumb question, but how do I get the monsters off the map and into my monster library?

8. Daeruin

Daeruin New Member

Well, it's not a dumb question, but you could have found the answer by going back one page in the comments. :)

9. edwardcd

edwardcd Administrator
    Staff Member

This information would be best served on the first page, in the first post. Maybe when bigkilla has a chance he can modify his post to include directions on how to save the creatures from the map into the creature library. :)

Always easier to see the first page and the last page of topics. And, it's easier to control the first page of content than the last.

10. Matt

Matt New Member

Heh, yeah I got to about page three while waiting for a player to connect. Then he got connected and I posted instead of continuing to search.

Thanks for the help! And thanks for all the work to get the beastairy inputed. Any plans for Beastairy 2? :D

11. bigkilla

bigkilla Member

**UPDATE 3/28/2011**

OK back to work updating all of the creatures from bestiary 1.
    Adding all of the creatures special abilities (haven't found a easy way to do the spells yet)with preprogrammed variables and descriptions i.e. fireball with DC and damage and such.
    Adding a stat block to the notes page the resembles the stat block from the bestiary with CR and XP
    All creatures will have images and descriptions, most taken directly from the bestiary.
    Adding most variants in like Animated Object Small,Large,Huge,Gargantuan,Colossal and Ants Drone,Worker,Queen

If anyone has any ideas on a easy and fast way to get the spell effects in I would appreciate it.

Much much more to come.

Thanks Bigkilla

12. Daeruin

Daeruin New Member

Get the d20pro team to upgrade the effects engine!! :D

13. Coopernicus

Coopernicus Member

Awesome! Just got my licensed copy of d20pro, running PF and your last version of Bestiary - so great. can't wait for the updates! Thanks again for your time and effort!

14. pathfindergm

pathfindergm New Member

Wow, I've been creating my own beastiary monsters like a chump for a couple months now, then just finally got off my arse and checked the forums to find I've been wasting my team reinventing the beasts. ty ty ty for all the great work. You've saved me and my group a TON of time.

15. bigkilla

bigkilla Member

**UPDATE 4/7/2011**

OK, I have now decided that along with the Bestiary 1 update I might as well do Bestiary 2 , along with all the creatures from the Inner Sea Campaign Guide, Classic Monsters Revisited, Misfit Monsters Redeemed and any other book that has creatures/monsters that are in the Herolab Bestiary for Pathfinder.So It is going to be a while for this to be finished, but I am working on it little by little each day.

16. Daeruin

Daeruin New Member

If you still have time to work on it, I'm sure Bigkilla could use help with Bestiary 2 and such. Every one of us would appreciate any help you can give. I know I would!

17. edwardcd

edwardcd Administrator
    Staff Member

I do all special abilities, spell-like abilities, supernatural abilitiles, and even spells in the "Ability" Tab. Since all effects in the Ability tab saves (including saves, duration, etc).

18. hawkwind

hawkwind New Member

I have been adding some custom monsters from the Carrion crown AP to Hero Lab and I have noticed that that Hero lab frequently misses stuff like extra fire damage or poison from it's stock monster files. I now have greater appreciation of the work Bigkila is doing. Hero lab certainly doesn't make the job any easier.

19. ogexam

ogexam Member

Herolabs is working on the last few tweaks for export/import into d20Pro once their side is finished then stuff like that should be more accurate.

20. Bluejeanjedi

Bluejeanjedi New Member

Bestiary Import Question

Outstanding work, thanks so much!

QUESTION: Is there a way to add the created creatures to the "monster" database once I have imported the map with the creatures on it?