1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

Fog of War - 3.6.11 - Visibility not working

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by timjthomas, Jan 14, 2017.

1. timjthomas

timjthomas New Member

I have recently upgraded to 3.6.1.1. I created a new map, creating FOW as I had with 3.5.7 - using draw mode to create points and connect to create regions.

When I played last night with my group, none of the others (all running 3.6.11 - both PC and Mac) were able to see visible FOW regions.

Moving their PCs did not trigger the FOW (I have it checked in options). When I toggled visibility, nothing showed to the PCs.

The only way to show the region was to delete the region.

What is going on? I think I may need to have everyone delete d20Pro and re-install 3.5.7.

Thoughts?

Tim

2. Wesley Gorby

Wesley Gorby Production/Community Manager
    Staff Member

If it is an existing map. Look in Game Tools and see if all your FOW masks are marked as walls. If so, select them and toggle them to masks.

3. Wesley Gorby

Staff Member

4. timjthomas

timjthomas New Member

Thanks -- had to turn it to passive for it ti work.

5. Wesley Gorby

Staff Member

If you are using lights, you'll want to put it back on Interactive. If you like to send the file (export it and upload it here) I'd be happy to have a look at it for you.

6. timjthomas

timjthomas New Member

Thanks - I was planning to lights (long time d20pro user and recent kickstarter backer). However, I find the lighting system far too cumbersome to create. It takes quite a bit of time just to set up the various regions for FOW. If the lighting was automatic as part of that, then I'd use it. But, unless the setup has changed since I first tried a few months ago, the time required to add the lighting essentially doubles my prep time.

I just don't have that much time.

If the set up for lighting has changed, please let me know. My hope, when I backed it was that lighting "regions" (not light, but how light interacts with walls for example) would be automatically created when I defined the FOW regions. I would then go in and "add" doors for each room, etc. as needed, and any existing lights if needed in a room.

Thanks,

Tim