1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

hex grid

Discussion in 'Feature Requests' started by hawkwind, Nov 29, 2010.

1. hawkwind

hawkwind New Member

Any chance of having the option of having a hex grid instead of the square grid. I want do some hex crawling games with large overland maps.

2. Daggeth

Daggeth New Member

This is something that we very much want to do but it is not going to be part of our 2.3 release and I don't have an ETA that I can give you unfortunately.

3. SnowHeart

SnowHeart New Member

Apologies for the threadnecro, but it looks like a hex grid plugin has been a requested feature for some time but it doesn't look like it's been implemented yet (or I can't find it). Starfinder is coming out next August and the ship-to-ship will be using a hex system. I hope you can implement a hex grid system before then. Thanks.

4. Wesley Gorby

Wesley Gorby Production/Community Manager
    Staff Member

It is being worked on as part of 3.7, though I do not know if it will be finished to make it into 3.7.. there are some hurdles here that need to be addressed. I'll keep my ear on this subject and keep you informed of what I hear.

5. SnowHeart

SnowHeart New Member

Thanks, Krillion. I know it's far easier said than done. Would be awesome if it's ready by August 2017.

6. owlbear

owlbear Administrator
    Staff Member

Hex and such are in the works. However, we had to backburner the grid/token changes required to get it done so we could finish the feature system we were already engaged in. Still, hex and free grids are next on our hit list (after features/rules)