1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

Kingmaker Campaign

Discussion in 'Pathfinder' started by Daeruin, Mar 19, 2011.

1. Golkiwu

Golkiwu Member

.por files are used in herolab.
    .por = portfolio file.
    herolab can output files in a d20pro format but it would be labled as. D20pro or something like that.

2. neofax

neofax New Member

Sorry I haven't been able to make the d20pro files. I got a unexpected promotion and am working 10-12 hrs right now until I train my replacement and move over to my new position. I am barely able to keep my games up to date. I have cheeseweasel's files and while I am playing a game tomorrow, I can export them to d20pro format. These may not be fully correct and you will probably have to add info to them, but it is better than nothing.

3. Daeruin

Daeruin New Member

Neofax, congrats on the promotion (assuming you wanted it!). I don't have Herolab, so if you can convert those to d20pro files, I would really appreciate it. But don't stress over it. :)

4. Markasset

Markasset New Member

I'm just starting a kingmaker campaign, and would love anything anyone can send me (or the links) for d20Pro. I downloaded the first 4 books of NPC's on Cheeseweasel as suggested, but the maps would be really appreciated. I'm new to d20Pro and am still trying to figure out how everything works, so not much luck in inputting custom stuff or making maps (yet).

5. neofax

neofax New Member

The maps are easy for the ones that are provided with the PDF. Just use Adobe Acrobat Reader version 8 and click on the map and copy. Then open GIMP paste the file using CTRL-SHIFT-V. Then do a google search for MapScaleTool. Open this in Excel or LibreOffice Calc. Type in the size of the map from GIMP(i.e. 640x409) into the first two cells. Type in the size of the squares you want(I normally use 50px, but some use 100px). Then, in the next set of cells either retype the size again if the grid goes from upper left corner to bottom right or if not use the selection tool in GIMP and select a square grid as large as you can that encompasses the grid. Make sure the selection lines up to the grid as close as possible so your end numbers are not off. Then count the squares in your grid left to right and type in how many and do the same top to bottom. MapScaleTool will now tell you the size to scale your image to. In GIMP go to Scale Image and type in the numbers and press enter. I then turn on the grid on the view menu and configure the grid to see if the grid in GIMP lines up to the grid on the map. If not, tweak the scale by two pixels until the grid lines up. It sounds intimidating, but after practice, I can do a map in about a minute.
    As for the maps that are not included, here are my suggestions. Dunjinni's forums have some good maps, Cartographers Guild is another and I also use PyMapper which is good for most of the indoors style maps and some of the outdoorsy maps. Hope that helps!

6. Daeruin

Daeruin New Member

Personally, I don't have the PDFs. I found all of the maps for the first book in random places online just by doing specific Google searches. I would be happy to share them with anyone, just let me know.

When I get to book 2, I might be back here begging for maps myself. :)

7. Markasset

Markasset New Member

I'm still having trouble with the program. I can't seem to import from Herolabs. I go to Library - Creature Library - Import - Herolab and it is looking for files with .hld20pro extension, but the Herolab files are .por what am I missing here?

8. Golkiwu

Golkiwu Member

When you have herolab, you can choose to export in a .hld20pro format.
    .por is only for herolab.

For you to import a file (from herolab) to D20PRO, it needs to have been exported from herolab to the .hld20pro format.

So if you do not have herolab, you will have to wait until someone does that for you and posts it.

Got it? :)

9. Markasset

Markasset New Member

Got it. I didn't realize I had to export in a different format from Herolabs, I thought d20Pro just use the default and imported it.

10. ogexam

ogexam Member

Herolab's .por files do not contain all the information, a lot is calculated or looked up from data files.

Therefore Herolabs goes ahead and compiles the information d20Pro needs and puts it in a file so we can import it.

11. Markasset

Markasset New Member

Woot! This is awesome. Thank you so much.

12. entropyrat

entropyrat New Member

Would anyone happen to have the Kingmaker maps ready to load into d20Pro? I'm having a hell of a time getting the maps to import correctly, the grids refuse to match up. Thanks.

13. entropyrat

entropyrat New Member

I tried following Neofax's walk through but found it incredibly confusing. I didn't understand at all how to come by anything past Step 1.

14. neofax

neofax New Member

@entropyrat: I just posted a CamStudio video to the other thread. If you need more help, I can setup a small class showing how it is done. I can setup my desktop so people can remote in and watch how I do it. I have plenty experience running two Pathfinder Adventure Path campaigns and DMing PFS scenario pretty much every week along with when my kids want to play.

15. Daeruin

Daeruin New Member

FYI, there is now a shared Dropbox folder containing all the maps and all the NPCs from the Stolen Lands book, plus a few other things. Just send a PM with your email for an invite. If you have more resources to contribute, we'd love to have them. Just think how much time this would have saved you if it had been around when YOU started running the campaign. :)

16. Daeruin

Daeruin New Member

My group is closing in on the final encounter of Kingmaker book 1, so I'm looking to get book 2 set up soon. We've had one generous soul donate all the NPCs in HeroLab format. Unfortunately, I don't have HeroLab. Is there anyone who already has all the characters in d20pro format? Let me know, and I'll get them uploaded to the shared Dropbox folder for everyone to share.

I am also looking for the maps from book 2, if anyone has them to share. It would be greatly appreciated. We've had at least half a dozen people PM me to request invites to the shared folder. This is a really popular campaign, and if we all share what we've got, it will make less work and more fun for us all!

17. Banenight

Banenight New Member

Well I was looking for a done D20pro module to download but yeah good luck on that lol. However, in my infinite wisdom i've gone and done that for myself I figure if anyone would like a complete module with monsters and maps you can click my link below for the first module. Its my first attempt so be gentle on me. The creatures are located on the boggard lair map. They're not perfect but hey it should save you all some time.

http://www.4shared.com/file/WsIujyp3/Ki ... _Land.html

Thanks if you have any requests for modules in the future email me Baneheart at g mail. com

18. Daeruin

Daeruin New Member

Hey, Banenight, that's awesome! Thanks so much for posting that link. I haven't had a chance to look at it yet, since I'm mostly done with book 1. However, if you find the time to work on anything from book 2, I would be deeply grateful for your time!

I keep thinking that SOMEONE around here has to at least have the maps from book 2 in jpeg format or something. Anyone . . . ?

19. Banenight

Banenight New Member

Actually working on book 2 right now, so if you're lucky I might actually have the maps for you by either tomorrow or the day after. Hey if anyone does any campaigns in d20 if you can send me what you create or make I can share it with the community in the future maybe we can get every single campaign in D20pro and make most of the other DM's lives easier. I'll work on em and put them in zip files for everyone to use.

I'd even take things from campaigns I've already put together cause it just might be an improvement. So if you have somethings fromt he first campaign I'd like that maybe it'll help in the future.

Thanks,
    Banenight