1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

Odd Fog of War issue

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ionstorm20, Dec 17, 2016.

1. ionstorm20

ionstorm20 New Member

Maybe I'm blind, but I seem to have an issue with FoW. When I put it on interactive, it seems to not care what light sources I have enabled or where I have them, the players only see a blank screen. When I have it on passive, I can see on my screen where the light sources are, but my players can't.

When I have a light source tethered to the players, I can see it moves with them, but they cannot see it on theirs.

When I enable Easy fog of war, but hide it all, their screen is blank, when I show it all, they can see the entire map (including any hidden enemies) on their screen. What's going on. Am I missing something?

2. ionstorm20

ionstorm20 New Member

So to test something out, I deleted all of my regions, and disabled advanced FoW. I then removed easy FoW. The players PC can see all. Then I clicked create Easy FoW, confirmed, and my screen has a tint of purple and the players see nothing.

I enabled Advanced FoW and the hide all Easy is greyed out. The players still cannot see anything. They have a torch that I've tethered to them, and it still shows them only themselves on a black screen.

Not sure where I'm screwing up here.

3. owlbear

owlbear Administrator
    Staff Member

Did you toggle the visibility of the regions?

Also:
    • Masks = togglable areas that players lights can eat away at (in player view)
    • Walls = stop light in it's tracks (or if the center is within the wall, turns it off completely)
    • Edges = funny little things that you can use to make odd shapes in masked areas
    • Doors = always on-top selectable walls (effectively)
    Pressing f6 or clicking the FOW button at the top of the screen will let you click to toggle visible state of regions.