1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

Problem importing herolab exports into d20pro

Discussion in 'Bug Reports & Installation Support' started by miniaturepeddler, Oct 8, 2016.

1. miniaturepeddler

miniaturepeddler New Member

I am getting an error when attempting to import my herolab monsters into d20pro.
    I did not have this issue until I upgraded to the latest d20pro.

"This plugin is invalid, Please recompile using the latest API and try again.

Caused by com.mindgene.d20.common.CreatureTemplate.Setability(BB)V.
    "

This is yet another reason why I did not want to upgrade to the 'current' d20pro.

Things were working before!!

<fume>

2. Wesley Gorby

Wesley Gorby Production/Community Manager
    Staff Member

herolab is always slightly behind the main build, it's my understanding it is being looked into to bring it up to speed.

You have to understand to complexity involved here. Every time herolab updates or d20pro updates there is a good chance something in the importer is going to break. We have no control over what Herolab does or does not do. On the same token, it is possible it is something due to our own work on d20pro that has caused to impediment.

Rest assured it is being looked into and will be out to you as soon as possible.

please also see this thread

#2 Wesley Gorby, Oct 8, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2016
  3. ncassella

ncassella Member

I am also having an issue importing since the latest build of d20pro. Seems that if i import a large .por export from herolab d20pro hangs.
    Now to be fair I am trying to import 36 creatures at once, but in the past I could do that no problem. Is this a problem for anyone else?

4. owlbear

owlbear Administrator
    Staff Member

hrm. ncassella would you be willing to share your .por with either Krillion or myself so we can investigate?

5. owlbear

owlbear Administrator
    Staff Member

6. ncassella

ncassella Member

Running 3.6.11
    I can't give you the log file because the program is hung up with now.

I started an import of 10 characters 20 minutes ago. nothing special about them, just the gambit of rat folk from the monster codex.

This has been happening repeatedly with the software since the last update. Are other people having this issue?

7. owlbear

owlbear Administrator
    Staff Member

the log file isn't in the app, but in the applications directory space. You should be able to get at the log file even if the importer hangs.

Did you have a chance to look at the issue details in the forum thread I linked above? There was a naming snafu which meant that upgraded installations were not accessing the correct plugins.

I use Hero lab myself for all of my characters and imports. So I test with portfolios with custom creatures, rules and 20 - 50 creatures a pop.

- T

8. ncassella

ncassella Member

I think the problem was whey you mentioned in the bug forum. I still had a hang on my last import but not nearly as bad.

I'm going to be doing some prep tonight or tomorrow, so I'll try a large import from HL and see what happens and pull the log if need be.

thanks