1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

Star Wars Saga Edition

Discussion in 'Other Systems' started by NayusDante, Oct 13, 2010.

1. NayusDante

NayusDante New Member

I'm currently in the process of building a ruleset for Star Wars Saga Edition and importing the Dawn of Defiance campaign. I definitely want to share the end result, but I'd appreciate any guidance that I can get. At the moment, I'm still working on the skill and feat lists, which I'll post soon for review. I'm not an RPG expert by any means, so I'd really appreciate it if someone with SWSE experience could check my work for accuracy.

I'm having fun working on it myself, but any suggestions or guidance is greatly appreciated. :D

Classes - 0%
    Feats - Partial
    Skills - Partial
    Spells (The Force) - Partial

Dawn of Defiance
    01 - The Traitor's Gambit - Maps for Part 1 done, properly resized

2. NayusDante

NayusDante New Member

I want to say the skills list is done.

Acrobatics|DEX|Athletics
    Climb|STR|Athletics
    Deception|CHA|Social
    Endurance|CON|Athletics
    Gather Information|CHA|Knowledge
    Initiative|DEX|Combat
    Jump|STR|Athletics
    Knowledge: Bureaucracy|INT|Knowledge
    Knowledge:Galactic lore|INT|Knowledge
    Knowledge:Life Sciences|INT|Knowledge
    Knowledge:physical sciences|INT|Knowledge
    Knowledge: Social sciences|INT|Knowledge
    Knowledge: Tactics|INT|Knowledge
    Knowledge: Technology|INT|Knowledge
    Mechanics|INT|Technical
    Perception|WIS|Other
    Persuasion|CHA|Social
    Pilot|DEX|Transportation
    Ride|DEX|Transportation
    Stealth|DEX|Combat
    Survival|WIS|Other
    Swim|STR|Athletics
    Treat Injury|WIS|Combat
    Use Computer|INT|Technical
    Use the Force|CHA|Jedi

3. ogexam

ogexam Member

You may want to fix the knowledge skills some you have : type and others you do not have the space and have :type

I would put a space in all of them.

4. NayusDante

NayusDante New Member

Whoops, didn't notice that. Thanks for pointing those out.

I've got most of the data entered for feats and spells now, but I'm wondering about talents. My best guess is to list them as feats and write them as "Talent: Whatever."

5. Bren_Waynero

Bren_Waynero New Member

I've been working on a SW Saga set as well. There are still some (well, more than some I think) issues to work out, but here's the .txt files I've made so far.

http://www.mediafire.com/?dc3piysc9a1nc

I have the talents and force powers under 'spells.' Each class will have its talents listed/selected like the sorcerer. I put in additional classes to allow for the Droid Talents, Force Talents, Traditions, Techniques, and Secrets. For the Force Powers, there is a 'Force Training' class. I tried setting that one up so you take a level of it for each power you can learn. It seems to work in my brief tests so far, but I'm still working on it.

Any ideas or suggestions for improvement would be appreciated. I will make more posts with what I'm trying as time permits.

6. Bren_Waynero

Bren_Waynero New Member

I added the specific lists of skill focus/training, and weapon focus to the feats.txt file.

There is also a slightly modified status.zip file there now. I just changed some of the labels to cover condition track modifiers.

If I did it right, there's also a zip file containing a blank map with the allies and opponents from the core book, including the beasts and droids. Hopefully it worked and they're there, not just a blank map page. I'm working on the vehicles from the core book next.

For the most part, the character sheets work just as intended, with a few exceptions. For damage types, I used radiant for the energy of blasters, and electricity for the ion damage. I adjusted the options to count movement as natural with diagonals as 1.5, which I like more than Saga's 2 moves for a diagonal. Under the judge options I did set up the custom defenses to include Reflex, Fortitude, and Will. The Reflex is redundant since it's the same as the AC, which I prefer since the program will auto adjust if you switch the attack to a 'Flat' footed opponent. Since Saga uses damage threshold for moving people along the condition track, I put that stat in the DR (damage resistance) line of the sheet. It adds a little more work for the GM in that he will almost always need to click the damage to allow the full damage to be applied, but it easily allows him to see when the threshold is exceeded, and a condition modifier should be applied to the character. So if a character actually has some DR, or SR for the destroyer droids, I put it in the ER line as an energy resistance. Not a perfect solution, but that's how I've done it so far. I did some abilities, primarily a 'Second Wind' for those that should have it. I tried a few others, but didn't put much effort into it. Creating effects for the various feats, talents, and force powers will be easier once the 'effects' library is implemented.

That's where I'm at for now. I'll add more as I get to it.

7. edwardcd

edwardcd Administrator
    Staff Member

Very Nice!

I was able to download all the specified files including the map with the base creatures.

8. Bren_Waynero

Bren_Waynero New Member

I'm glad it worked, so I've tried again with a vehicles set. I did them in both a character scale and starship scale, though the YT-1300 in character scale isn't accurate, as the program only allowed up to a 10x10 size, not the full 12x12 listed in its stat block. Also, for the damages, I just multiplied the number of damage dice to account for the damage multiplier, so instead of 4d10 x2, it's just 8d10. Next set will probably be more NPC's, though I may try my hand at doing some maps.

I'm still trying to think of a better way to handle the damage threshold, Damage Resistance, and Shield Rating. Right now, it still takes a bit of work outside the program to track and calculate it all, especially with the high numbers involved in vehicle combat. I'm thinking of modifying the status icons to include some SR notations, that way we could track the SR as it drops from damage, or rises from repairs, since it can fluctuate throughout combat. This could work for the starfighters, but again the numbers get too big when you deal with capital ships.

So, that's it for now. More to come in time.

9. Bren_Waynero

Bren_Waynero New Member

Added some SR status icons to the status.zip file. Not much of an update, but it's there now.

10. Teh Bagder

Teh Bagder New Member

Great job. I'm just about to start a Star Wars SAGA game and this will help out a lot. Thanks!

11. vanith

vanith Member

12. RenegadeRed

RenegadeRed New Member

Wow well done Bren! That was super easy to set up and play with! Any more updates?