1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

v3.6.9 - Player can't see anything in the game

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Lokasenna, Dec 6, 2016.

1. Lokasenna

Lokasenna New Member

We're starting a game finally. I've got the initial map set up, and a player who just installed d20pro to play joins the game to test and see what it looks like.

He can't see anything on the map except his character icon. Here's what I see, RE: Fog of War. I tried showing all. Hiding all, then showing all. Revealing various zones. Nothing worked - all he ever saw was a black screen around his character.

What am I missing? I had previously tested this with my other player (albeit in a different campaign and a different map), and everything was working.

Attached Files:

2. Lokasenna

Lokasenna New Member

When I join the game as a player, plop a character model down on the map in the revealed zone, and assign ownership of that model to my dummy player, I also can't see anything.

I feel like I'm not doing something critical.

3. Lokasenna

Lokasenna New Member

Alright, I loaded a second dummy map with no FoW zones and it successfully broadcast to the player when I switched maps as the GM and re-broadcast. So I'm doing something wrong with FoW but I'm doing everything the same as I did before... I thought.

I have upgraded since the last time I had it working. I was running 3.5.4 before.

4. Lokasenna

Lokasenna New Member

Aaaaaand after a few more minutes of playing around, and broadcasting after every tweak to see... I figured it out. I had to disable shadowcasting for all of the zones. What I don't get about that, though, is I had put a light source in and turned it on for one of my previous tests.

Nevermind this newbie's newbidity :)

5. Wesley Gorby

Wesley Gorby Production/Community Manager
    Staff Member

yup, a player either has to have a light... or the zone can be set to passive for no lights.. in either case toggling show/hide to reveal areas.

6. Wesley Gorby

Wesley Gorby Production/Community Manager
    Staff Member

probably a good idea, to move up to the current version as well 3.6.11 ... 6.9 was a bit twitchy :)
    you can find the download on the main website D20PRO.COM