1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

Roll20 5th Edition license

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ncassella, Jul 28, 2016.

1. ncassella

ncassella Member

So just saw this.

Have you guys gotten anywhere with the any company?

It's a little odd to me that these other companies keep getting licenseing deals but you guys haven't.

Is it because they are subscription based or because their user base is larger?

I'm honestly just trying to understand what's happening.

2. Mickey

Mickey Member

From experience over at Fantasy Grounds, I know the licence isn't cheap. So, with FG and Roll20 having a larger customer base with a higher sales and subscription income, they can afford to pay the licence and absorb the cost. My guess is, that D20Pro would either have to find the money for a licence and hope that sales increase after they get it, or try and 'haggle' with WOTC for a cheaper licence.

3. owlbear

owlbear Administrator
    Staff Member

Hi all.

We actually have two major brands in the works right now. Our proposal in already in review with WotC and we have a sit down meeting with Paizo next week on exactly this topic. I have been the major hold up on this end. The code needed to be updated to the point that it could support something that wasn't specifically 3.5/Pathfinder.

We'll be hosting this kind of content very soon.

Once we're back from GenCon I expect to make a pretty major posting/update about exactly this topic.

Tay-Dor likes this.
  4. ncassella

ncassella Member

You've been full of good news Owlbear! Thanks for sharing I look forward to the after GenCon update.

5. owlbear

owlbear Administrator
    Staff Member

heh, I do my best --> preview for the complement :)

upload_2016-7-30_15-23-33.png

And a class traits view -- this will be a table in the actual release sort-able by level, class, or name.
    Custom traits can have a level, class (or race), name and description. Right now, this view has no mechanism to show you the detailed description of an ability. Once complete, clicking on the name will pull up a pop-over editor with Name and Description. So you can put important notes about the trait in there.

This all ties into the Feature Library we're working on, so description will be inherited from the Feature Library. Edit a "Trait" once and each sync'd occurrence of the trait will get updated.

upload_2016-7-30_15-25-44.png

All part of the kit we're building out for 5e and Pathfinder licensed support -- among other things!

6. ncassella

ncassella Member

This is rad, thanks for sharing.

7. Mickey

Mickey Member

Looking good! I can't wait!

8. Tay-Dor

Tay-Dor Active Member

Looks neat! Will the save boxes auto calculate the saves based on which save proficiencies your class gets? Or will that still be a manual entry as it currently is.

9. Wesley Gorby

Wesley Gorby Production/Community Manager
    Staff Member

it will auto calc, the current D20PRO for d20 systems is supposed to auto calc, it's just broken.

Tay-Dor likes this.
  10. owlbear

owlbear Administrator
    Staff Member

The 5e calc is fixed and working for single classes. After gencon I'll be working on multi classes and the like.

Also, you can play with this build this week. I'll post a link in announcements once it's available!

Tay-Dor likes this.
  11. Wesley Gorby

Wesley Gorby Production/Community Manager
    Staff Member

yeah, I'll test it with my group as well.

Tay-Dor likes this.