1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

In-game languages

Discussion in 'Feature Requests' started by Gekko, Apr 22, 2017.

1. Gekko

Gekko New Member

I would suggest removing the languages from the skill-section.

Additionally it would be a cool chat-feature to select a language and only players controlling a character knowing this language could read the words. Others receive a message that xxx speaks in an unknown language.

2. Wesley Gorby

Wesley Gorby Production/Community Manager
    Staff Member

Your certainly free to remove the languages from your dataset, no reason to handicap everyone for a house rule. There has been some fiddling with system language fonts, tho nothing like what you suggest.

3. Tay-Dor

Tay-Dor Active Member

Having languages in the skill section is a handy way to track which ones you know.

I do second the idea for the languages fun in the chat box. Sure would save me as a DM from having to send individual tells to the two or three pcs that can understand the critter du jour.

4. Gekko

Gekko New Member

I don't vote for removing languages or a house rule. I suggest removing it from the skill tab to a language tab.

Having an own section would be more convenient and tidy up the skill tab.

Tay-Dor likes this.
  5. vanith

vanith Member

One of the things I performed in my game was google translate, it's not 100% accurate, but it is a fun twist to the game when people spout off a different language in the chat box

6. Tay-Dor

Tay-Dor Active Member

With the new feature library, one could add a trait for each language and designate them to sort to a "languages" tab.

7. Climp

Climp New Member

I like the idea of players being able to talk in a language and other char not being able to understand it. However i see the issue with this being when you talk in chat you talk as the player who connected to the game not as the character. A way it could work is add it to the feature already in game the talk feature. expand on this to query the NPC/Char skills to see which langues he knows and allow him to select one. the issue tho would still be that the player would then see text not the NPC/Char. You would have to implement something that i do not believe is in the framework. For an affixed NPC to player to add properties to said player. IE the ability for that player to know the languages of his character.