1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

Magic Missile Spell Library assistance (Pathfinder)

Discussion in 'Bug Reports & Installation Support' started by onyxius, Jun 24, 2017.

1. onyxius

onyxius New Member

2. edwardcd

edwardcd Administrator
    Staff Member

Hello onyxius!

Great start on your spell... let me fill in some blanks...

Description
    MagicMissile_PFRPG_Description.jpg

Flow
    MagicMissile_PFRPG_Flow.jpg

Here we are simply multiplying the effect (OnTarget) dice for when levels equal or exceeds the value. If I were to update my classes.txt file with bloodrager and magus, I would also include those class in the Multiply Effect Classes field.

Okay, now we can Save, and use the spell from our spell menu (for this level 5 wizard)...

MagicMissile_useSpell_01.jpg

Next, we want to select our spell and press OK...

MagicMissile_useSpell_02.jpg

Now we want to press "Expand" to see all our options (basically to target different opponents with each Magic Missile)...

MagicMissile_useSpell_03.jpg

And now we can select the target with each of the three magic missiles for this level 5 Wizard. If we wanted only one target there is no need to use the "Expand > " option. Since I'm on the GM side I can see the rolls immediately... I wish I could roll this well when I'm actually playing :p

Whala! And we have a spell that works for all levels.

3. Wesley Gorby

Wesley Gorby Production/Community Manager
    Staff Member

4. Caraldur

Caraldur Member

I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong with this magic missile spell effect. When I click the expand button I see the multiple missiles, but after selecting the target for each missile and clicking ok, the target box is empty for each missile. If I click both of the targets before I click the expand button, they are selected for each missile. I tried remove targets so only one missile per target, but nothing changes and the damage for both missiles is applied to each target. AfterSelecting_2.JPG AfterSelecting_3.JPG AfterSelecting_4.JPG

5. edwardcd

edwardcd Administrator
    Staff Member

Hi Caraldur,

I see what you are saying, looks like there's a fly in the soup...

Anyway, that's how it "should" work. Give us a few to iron this out. :)

6. Caraldur

Caraldur Member

D20Pro version 3.6.11.28
    Windows 7
    Pathfinder

I just installed the new beta build of D20pro and tried the magic missile spell feature I created in 3.6.11.26. That was went I noticed the targeting bug. That bug has been correct and I think there is another one but I'm not sure if it is my spell feature or an actually bug. Below are some screenshots of what I notice when using the spell.

MagicMissile_lvl5_caster.JPG
    You can see from the image above that the damage for each missile in the main target window.
    MagicMissile_lvl5_caster_2.JPG
    When the third target is selected the numbers seem to correct themselves, so I'm not sure its a bug or something I am doing wrong when setting up the spell feature. Below is an image of my spell feature.
    spellFeature.JPG

7. Wesley Gorby

Staff Member

thank you for the info, will point T to have a look.

8. owlbear

owlbear Administrator
    Staff Member

Oh, I see the problem. Roll each time means that anytime anything changes or a calculation is processed the die is rolled again.

Totally unnecessary for this feature. Each "repeat" effect will roll itself as a separate instance of the original.

Turn that off and all should be fine -- you know... "nothing to see here" :p

upload_2017-7-6_15-13-22.png

9. Caraldur

Caraldur Member

As I suspected, user error. Sorry for the false alarm. :)

10. onyxius

onyxius New Member

Thanks guys, sorry, been super busy the past few weeks and havent been able to even mess with d20pro :(

11. ogexam

ogexam Member

Are these going to eventually be apart of a download from the store? or part of a setup of a Pathfinder game?

I am guessing that you guys are working on the 5e spells, items, etc. Is there effort to get the core of Pathfinder?

12. Wesley Gorby

Staff Member

Yes, they will be part of a rule set you'll be able to purchase on the store.
    Yes, pathfinder is being worked on.

The core material for both systems is currently being worked on.

13. Tay-Dor

Tay-Dor Active Member

We are busy little beavers over here getting things ready. :)

14. ogexam

ogexam Member

Awesome...

So I just cranked up 3.7 and saw some of the potential, and tried to create a wand of cure light wounds and failed. You said you guys are working on the core for both systems. Anyways you can release what you have already so we can get a taste of how the system works and also samples of how to create more thing?

Even if it is just the core 1st levels spells, and some items that would be very helpful.

Thank you

15. Wesley Gorby

Staff Member

unfortunately, (legal stuffz) we can not. However, there is a sampler campaign with some examples for you to look at. Just create a new campaign and select it from the list.

Also, the team and I are here to help and will gladly do so, either here or on Discord in the interim until the Docs are complete and/or products announced and Released.