1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

3.7.1.10 And 3.7.1

Discussion in 'D&D 5th Edition' started by Slagmoth, Sep 12, 2017.

1. Slagmoth

Slagmoth New Member

First, I want to say this system has awesome potential and I know that 5E is a work in progress. Being a developer myself I understand project priorities and offer to help in any way that I can.

I have looked through the Release Candidate build and I get a great many errors when operating through the spell library or when casting a spell then altering it from the pop ups. It would appear that attack roll spells are still not quite supported.

I have also noticed that on hit effects such as Mummy Rot or Cockatrice bites to call for a save and/or apply a condition to target are not currently supported or is there a work around for this?

Multi-stage Saving throws are a thing in 5E but other than pulling an ad hoc I don't see a way to do these either, is this on the radar?

One thing I have noticed, and this may just be the learning curve and scarcity of current documentation on the subject matter, is that there is not a reliable way to get 5E saving throws dynamically as of yet. I can get Fireball to work but it would appear that unless I hard code the DC I have not idea what the system generates. I would like to be able to DM whisper that or log the output of a script if possible to allow me to troubleshoot issues I may have. At least in this way my trial and error can have some direction.

I have gone through a lot more videos and articles over the past few days and although they are helpful in navigation they are either out of date or designed for PF/3.X systems which is sufficiently different from 5E to not be that helpful.

Additionally, resistance and immunity need to have a bypass mechanic like the 3.X/PF DR. Criticals and vulnerability work differently as well, which so far as I can tell has yet to be implemented.

2. Slagmoth

Slagmoth New Member

We have also have noticed that players have the ability to edit the library, such as destroying items that a GM worked hard to create. Any way to prevent this?

Still trying to find a way for something like a feat to be on a character without having an "active effect".

Also, really looking for a way to take what is on a token and save it back into the library, or overwrite the one that is there. I have yet to find a way to do this, the converse is easy enough though.

3. Wesley Gorby

Wesley Gorby Production/Community Manager
    Staff Member

Thanks for feedback, a bit to go through here.

Yes, this is a WIP, it's very close in the Beta, should be fairly solid in 3.7.2

Same as above, chaining features together and such will be a thing.

There is some extra logging that happens in the Beta. Could you define what you mean by get saves dynamically? As to hard setting the DC not sure what you mean by 'what the system generates'.

the DC would be something along the lines of;
    8 + getWisMod() + getProf() + any special modifiers [note: getProf() is in the current unreleased pre Beta]

New documentation is in the works; re Documentation thread

I'll ask about the overcoming res/immune quality. As to crits, yes, that's being looked at for a resolution. In the gap, rather hit the crit button, toggle the sneak box add the appropriate di, and resolve it as a normal ht with the added dice.

I'll double check this, players should be able to remove the item from their sheet, that however should not remove it from your Library.

Could you give us an example? if it doesn't have a mechanic it's just a simple Trait with no active effects (feature tied to it).

Right click on the token -> Location -> Save Creature save the creature to the library.

Could provide a screen shot of this, along with your d20pro.log file please?