1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

Assests images are "Locks"

Discussion in 'Bug Reports & Installation Support' started by firebringer, Nov 3, 2017.

1. Wesley Gorby

Wesley Gorby Production/Community Manager
    Staff Member

As did importing your map.

GM/Judge
    upload_2017-11-10_9-45-34.png

Player/Client
    upload_2017-11-10_9-47-17.png

2. firebringer

firebringer Member

Interesting. Couple of questions....
    1. Are you on Windows 10 or 7?
    2. If you look in your d20.log file (under the d20Pro folder) do you have any errors or warnings at the bottom of the file?
    3. Do you know if there's a map cache that I should have my players clear....are they maybe just showing the cached lock image instead of showing the map?

Again, thanks for the efforts!

3. Wesley Gorby

Staff Member

Players can dump any cached game data by purging the folder;

<install dir>\player\campaigns\<any folders in here>

I'm on Win 10
    No failed errors in log.

4. firebringer

firebringer Member

Cool....all good information! I'll start looking at possible other causes....of course, if the devs have any clue what would cause those errors that I posted from my d20.log, that would be helpful and appreciated also! :)

At any rate, the search for the root cause of the issue goes on!

5. Wesley Gorby

Staff Member

is this installed under 'Program Files' and are you running the program as Admin?

oh you already answered this.. I'd strongly suggest moving the installation to the root C:\ or whatever your root drive letter is. or if you are like me and C:\ is your SSD but you do everything other than the OS on a secondary drive E:\

especially with the concerns of Win7, it's pretty overly picky and obnoxious about UAC.

ahh, missed that.. good deal

#25 Wesley Gorby, Nov 10, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2017
  6. firebringer

firebringer Member

Yeah I just moved everything to the E:\ (again) and tried it...same issue. Also, I'm running both my GM and player instance as admin.

Here's a question for you Krillion. When you tested it, did you open both a player instance and GM instance of d20Pro? The way I test it is to have the map up in my GM instance of d20Pro (it opens fine), and then connect to the GM instance by starting a player instance on the same machine and pointing at 127.0.0.1. Then, when I transmit the map to the player instance, I get the lock on the player instance screen.

Did you have a player instance up when tested the map? The GM instance never has a problem, it's only on the player screens.

7. firebringer

firebringer Member

Also, what version of d20Pro are you using? We're on 3.4.5 right now.

8. Wesley Gorby

Staff Member

I'm running the RC of the Beta 3.7.1.19

9. Wesley Gorby

Staff Member

yes, it showed just fine on the client.

10. Mickey

Mickey Member

Try updating to the current release version: 3.7.1. Just to be safe, you might want to completely uninstall your current version first, rather than doing a straight update.

11. Wesley Gorby

Staff Member

I can understand not wanting to be on the bleeding edge but 3.4.5 is waaaay back there (very early 2015), it will make sorting out the issue harder.

12. Ualaa

Ualaa Member

The local TCP/IP, made the map run silky smooth for everyone.
    No latency at all.
    We didn't have any disconnections.

Thanks for that suggestion.

13. Wesley Gorby

Staff Member

np, glad it works better for ya :)

14. mrwinfree

mrwinfree Member

The Hardware: This is on 2012 Macbook Air running Mac OS 10.13.1 (High Sierra). D20Pro 3.7.1.15 (beta). 1.8 GB (of 8 GB available) ram allocated to D20Pro. The Game system is Pathfinder

The Problem: 1) when a distant player logs on to our game session all of my proprietary assets (monsters from the bestiary) go to the lock symbol. 2) one player was receiving a lock of the map but the assets were visible (see attached image).

Reproduciblity: This is the third time this has happened. we have just soldiered on during the previous sessions as the offending party signed on late.

Resolution: as per the d20pro beta thread on Discord, I had each player check and adjust the available memory in D20Pro. Then I restarted the GM session. This fixed the situation. This course of action was also the recommended action per @owlbear via @Krilion_GD.

Many thanks to those that pitched in. I don't know how much impact your involvement may have had, but this was one of the best game sessions in several weeks!
    Mickey

Attached Files:

15. Wesley Gorby

Staff Member

Glad you got squared away we're always happy to help.

16. Zipwhaa

Zipwhaa New Member

Hi. Running into issues with the asset locks as well with 3.7.1 I'm trying to upgrade from 3.6.11. I'm on a Macbook Pro El Capitan and my wife has upgraded to High Sierra. We don't have issues with 3.6.11 but with the 3.7.1 if we try the RPC then she just gets a black screen that says waiting and all the assets on my screen lock. If we go straight TCP then I can see the assets on my computer (the host) but she still gets a black screen. So not really sure where to even start. Not sure if I'm missing something. System-wise, neither laptop has changed so that shouldn't be too much of factor. I'm up for ideas. Thanks.

17. Wesley Gorby

Staff Member

Please send your d20pro.log file from the installation dir for both machines.
    We can look at those and have a better idea of what is going on.

18. Zipwhaa

Zipwhaa New Member

Thanks Krillion. Here is the log file from my laptop with the El Capitan OS X. I'll work on getting the one from my wife's as soon as I can.

Attached Files:

19. Wesley Gorby

Staff Member

11 Dec 2017 22:08:00,616] WARN RESServerImpl$JudgeImageCache | Failed to decrypt image for id: FLR1552
    java.lang.NullPointerException

I'll point @owlbear this way and see if he can shed some light on that.

20. Zipwhaa

Zipwhaa New Member

Hi. Another note on this is that I moved all my previous maps to the 3.7 folder from my 3.6 version. I don't know if that is somehow making the content seem like it the license for the content isn't valid or something like that.