1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

v3.7.1.19 - cannot import creatures?

Discussion in 'Bug Reports & Installation Support' started by huntercc, Nov 10, 2017.

1. Ursus_minor

Ursus_minor New Member

For small creatures last line is:
    Caused by: "0.5"

2. Wesley Gorby

Wesley Gorby Production/Community Manager
    Staff Member

The importers are currently being updated to function with several of the new internals. An update is in the works.

3. Ursus_minor

Ursus_minor New Member

Cool. Sorry for duplicate thread. Can we hope to see it rather within next week or next month?

4. Wesley Gorby

Staff Member

No worries (dupe thread), just trying to keep 'like things' together. Makes it easier for the readers and organization.

As to your question; Within, a week? possible but not likely. Within a month, more than likely. I know that is extremely vague, but we do not like giving hard dates on things, like many devs, we've learned it's just better (less frustrating) for everyone and ourselves not to give hard dates.

5. owlbear

owlbear Administrator
    Staff Member

we're trying to get the importer for herolab gen'd up before the 3.7.2 release, however, I do not want to delay the release in the event that the import isn't ready. the importers basics are done. the specifics (import to traits and such) are tbd time wise. So to be safe, lets say we'll have it out before the year is out. If we get done sooner, awesome and surprise!

6. Ursus_minor

Ursus_minor New Member

So I can't really hope to get import from neither Herolab or PCgen probably till the end of the year....Ok that's not really something I can work with - manually adding creatures will take too long.

Can you provide (I can't seem to find it on your website) installation file for previous version?

7. Wesley Gorby

Staff Member

8. Ursus_minor

Ursus_minor New Member

GREAT! Thanks.
    I will go back to the previous version and update when importing will be fixed.

9. owlbear

owlbear Administrator
    Staff Member

:) you can also keep an older version with working imports and simple export the imports then import the exports. easy peasy right?

10. Ursus_minor

Ursus_minor New Member

Well...ok, this is kinda obvious solution that I somehow missed. Nice, thanks.

11. Wesley Gorby

Staff Member

<laugh> Can you say this 5x fast, then backwards, please..

12. owlbear

owlbear Administrator
    Staff Member

13. firebringer

firebringer Member

This is really good news, Owlbear. My group’s game depends heavily on integration between d20Pro and HL.

As a software developer myself, I know that pulling work weekends is a drag...just wanted you to know this is appreciated!

14. owlbear

owlbear Administrator
    Staff Member

heh. thanks :)

15. firebringer

firebringer Member

Owlbear,

I just tested the new HL native importer with vers 3.7.1.19. The good news is now the stats come in correctly, the big problem that I've seen so far is the 'attacks' tab doesn't refresh the screen properly when it's clicked. I can move the mouse around the screen and occasionally get screen elements to pop up (buttons, etc) but the majority of the tab remains invisible and unavailable.

16. firebringer

firebringer Member

Screenshot attached.

Attached Files:

17. owlbear

owlbear Administrator
    Staff Member

I've got this fixed up, but the bug is actually in the core, not the importer -- the importer just reveals it.

Still I have an updated importer (with money turned off so as to not cause a different conflict). I'll post it to the main thread for folks to pull.

18. owlbear

owlbear Administrator
    Staff Member

19. firebringer

firebringer Member

Unfortunately it did not fix the issue, at least not for me. Here’s hoping for a speedy next RC with the updated CreatureTemplate!

20. Mickey

Mickey Member

Did you try completely uninstalling the previous build, before installing the current one? Sometimes that can help, as installing over a previous build sometimes cause issues.