1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

Additional Options in Spell Flow Properties

Discussion in 'Feature Requests' started by Nezzeraj, Jan 8, 2018.

1. Nezzeraj

Nezzeraj Member

Now that I've spent a few days learning the spell flow, I was wondering if there could be two simple additions:
    1. Positive Modify Target Types. For healing spells or potions, there's no Heal, Life, or other positive modifiers.
    2. Natural attacks for Creature Attack Types. Many monsters don't use weapons so it would be useful to have an option so I don't have to use 1- or 2-handed typed for a bite attack, for example.
    3. Sleep is also missing from Modify Target Types.

#1 Nezzeraj, Jan 8, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2018
  2. Gekko

Gekko New Member

1. I'd suggest a bonus type "positive energy"
    2. What's wrong with it? You can build natural attacks as necessary. Or is it just for convenience?
    3. Is "sleep" a bonus type? Perhaps you can set a status for sleep?

3. Tay-Dor

Tay-Dor Active Member

1-handed would be the default for natural attacks.

4. Wesley Gorby

Wesley Gorby Production/Community Manager
    Staff Member

I suspect this is just a 'usable space' issue, as @Tay-Dor indicates; 1-handed would be the default and is the same as 'Natural' and thus '1 Handed/Natural' is a bit long for several fields and it was shortened to simply '1 Handed'

5. Nezzeraj

Nezzeraj Member

1. Yeah positive energy works.
    2. For natural attacks it was just for usability. Down the line if people want to make custom features, natural attack would be more self-explanatory than making a bite attack with 1-handed modifier for example.
    3. Elves gain an immunity to magical sleep effects but there's no way to build it since sleep is not a current category of effect.

Thanks for the response :)

6. Wesley Gorby

Wesley Gorby Production/Community Manager
    Staff Member

Not trying to sound offputting at all, I'll certainly mention it to @owlbear ,

It might be as simple as having an alias for '1 Handed' that is 'Natural' easy-peasy.. on the other, it might require a bit of coding to add and maintain a thing that is essentially a duplicate of another thing, and that might be outside of scope at this time..