1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

Bugs found during my session zero

Discussion in 'Bug Reports & Installation Support' started by Nezzeraj, Jan 10, 2018.

1. Nezzeraj

Nezzeraj Member

Had my session zero last night and came away with some bugs. Including screenshots for the larger bugs, along with gamelog. Windows 10, 3.7.2.1, 5e Rules, all reproducible.

1. Using the Pickup Item action makes the characters' entire inventory disappear. It's still shown in the mini window however.

2. In the roster, passive tokens are being generated randomly and constantly (putting down 1 token generated 3 random passive tokens, for example).

3. In the Game Log, healing numbers are shown as yellow instead of green.

4. Healing with spells plays the damage sound effect instead of the healing sound effect.

Attached Files:

2. Wesley Gorby

Wesley Gorby Production/Community Manager
    Staff Member

for spells and such you need to check the toggle for 'positive' so that the thing using the FLOW that it is does healing rather than damage.

entries in Passive, just means that token is present on some open map, not necessarily on the map you currently have in focus.

'Passive' list is a really nice way to drag a token from one map to another if you suddenly find yourself in need of npc x, from an earlier scene.

3. Nezzeraj

Nezzeraj Member

So I figured out the passive bug. It's generating a passive character any time a character is edited from Creature Library and then place a token on the map. I tested this by clearing the map of all tokens and clearing the roster so starting with a clean slate. I edited the Barbarian in the Creature Library only (never placed a token). Then I placed a goblin token on the map. This generated the goblin token as active and the Barbarian as passive, even though I didn't do anything with the Barbarian other than edit it in the library. I repeated this by editing the Barbarian again and the wizard, and placing a boar token. This generated an active boar token, plus ANOTHER Barbarian and the wizard as passives. So it seems to be generating a UID after every change to something in the library whether its on the map or not, and not overwriting if you edit the same token multiple times (i.e. hitting "apply" 3 times after 3 separate edits generates 3 passive roster tokens). I'll attach a screengrab of my test to show this.

Yes the healing effect works as intended, and the numbers show green in the confirmation window, but it plays the takeDamage.wav file instead of the healDamage.wav file and the number shows white in the game log rather than green. (my guess is that the program can't differentiate the "positive" toggle in spell flow to tell if it's a positive effect except for the numerical value going up for heal rather than down for damage.) I'll include a screengrab of this as well and game log.

Attached Files:

4. Wesley Gorby

Wesley Gorby Production/Community Manager
    Staff Member

ahhh gotcha, I'll pass along both. thank you for the find..

5. Nezzeraj

Nezzeraj Member

Glad to help! Also don't forget about the disappearing inventory bug! That's a major one lol. Also found one more bug. When a player drops an item, they can't move their token. I have to move them, and then they get control back of it.