1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

Official Paizo on d20Pro!!!

Discussion in 'Pathfinder' started by ogexam, Dec 24, 2016.

1. Ursus_minor

Ursus_minor New Member

So if I have 25+ Paizo books in pdfs from various bundles...how would I apply it, not to pay for everything again?

2. Wesley Gorby

Wesley Gorby Production/Community Manager
    Staff Member

There is a paizo external app authorization tool;
    This lets d20pro access paizo to see what books/things a client already owns. Then, at checkout, the client is only charged for content they do not already own. So, if you had a module which cost 10 dollars from paizo, and you purchased our 15 dollar conversion (with 10dollar pdf) then the client gets charged 5 dollars. The marketplace reflects this so the client knows they already own the pdf/paizo product to access the paizo API currently, you open D20PRO, log in with your account then click on manage account (Manage Account to enter your Paizo token).

This is currently, in a soft release in the .20 Beta and is not in the wild as of yet, though I believe they (devs and paizo reps) are finally getting forward movement on this and the kinks worked out of it. :)

3. owlbear

owlbear Administrator
    Staff Member

Ursus! (I see an active trend) yeah, another sore spot we're working on. In order to get the final push for Paizo done we're having to revamp the marketplace substantially. This is taking a LOT more time than I'd hoped. And Paizo keeps sending us the wrong info for testing.

We literally spent months with them populating the wrong vendors products on their end.... very, very frustrating.

#43 owlbear, Nov 24, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2017
    Wesley Gorby likes this.
  4. Ursus_minor

Ursus_minor New Member

I undestand completly - developing soft is one thing, working with outsiders is another. I know this too well. Take your time.

PS: Not important at all, but Ursa is Latin for female bear. Being male, I call myself Ursus. But I understand mistake, especially if You watch MLP and have looked at my avatar :D

5. owlbear

owlbear Administrator
    Staff Member

re: Ursa vs. Ursus - fixed.

6. rob anderson

rob anderson New Member

Hopefully it's ready for everyone getting christmas cards this christmas hehehe. Keep up the good work, don't let
    those guys at PAIZO slack off.

7. Nezzeraj

Nezzeraj Member

Will this include automated spell lists?

8. Wesley Gorby

Staff Member

Yes, we will be building out Automation where ever possible.

9. kimco

kimco New Member

Once you guys have gotten through the process with Paizo, will you be able to publish content release dates? I need to know whether to wait for some stuff or not.

10. Wesley Gorby

Staff Member

We rarely if ever give hard dates. Experience has proven it just isn't prudent to do so, it doesn't help anyone on either side of the fence (topic).. It's hard on us as devs, say like something comes up totally unexpected and that is out of our control (has happened more than once) then we have to adjust both internally and externally and go around and change all those dates. This leads to confusion and misinformation both internally and externally. On the outside, it creates unhappiness just in general, if the date is not met or pushed back or changes in any way, resentment builds up in the community.

We do a great deal of communicating with our community and are always willing to give a 'heads up' on the state of things as best we are able to, there are some things, we are not legally allowed to discuss openly; which is also a factor in all of this.

I hope this makes sense, we want everyone to be informed. if you are concerned about this stance, please let me know and I'll see if I can get @owlbear to explain it a bit better than I can.

Tay-Dor likes this.
  11. rob anderson

rob anderson New Member

Time for February's heads up. How goes the battle to bring on over Pathfinder?

12. KainPen

KainPen Member

I was wondering if and when are you guys expecting Pathfinder spell and feat effects to be available in the market place? I just finished my campaign so I will not be testing for a while, but I thinking of starting to build my next campaign. It would be really helpful to not have to build all these effect. I could just focus on maps\fog of wars ect.

13. Wesley Gorby

Staff Member

The Pathfinder Core is fairly complete, it'll need testing after completion.
    I haven't heard anything as to its timeline recently.

14. Coopernicus

Coopernicus Member

I just re-installed D20 Pro from a long hiatus and I saw the post on your site for full Pathfinder integration.

Just reading here - seems like you guys and Paizo have an issue with your marketplaces?

I'd like to avoid the band-aids of finding and installing the community content for all this again, any word on integration?

Thanks

Sean

kimco likes this.
  15. Wesley Gorby

Staff Member

Work is steadily walking forward, to my understanding, PF Core is about to go into internal testing/review... It'll then move to release.

16. djc664

djc664 Member

With 2nd edition on the horizon, now, will this actually happen for existing / 1st edition products?

I was on book four of Rise of the Runelords when this was announced. Now we're halfway through book 6. :(

17. Wesley Gorby

Staff Member

2nd Edition is still quite some time off. The Playtest is out, I could be wrong, but I doubt we will build out for the Playtest data. If I understand the scene correctly, we will be building out for the full release using the playtest data as a template (planning mechanism).

18. Golldan

Golldan Member

OK with the announcement of PF 2, and DD MM released (very nice btw)- is there any movement or focus on the PF 1 Core still? Last update about PF 1 Core was several months back....Any insights here?

19. owlbear

owlbear Administrator
    Staff Member

Yes, there certainly is. There's been a lot of bumps in the road, but progress on the original PF1 project is still underway. If folks are interested in helping out, I know that the team member who took on this task would likely be very grateful for an assist.

As you all know, there is a massive amount of PF rules content to sift thru!

For the record, the initial release of the PF Core Rules will be Traits and Content/Text. This will include a new Rules API update to work with Bloodlines which are annoying since they provide bonus spells differently then every other class in the history of 3.5 and its derivatives - ack!

The Bestary I will also release with updated 3.7.x creatures for the full range and official art.

Both of these products are in the pipeline and being actively worked on again as of this month.

Regardings PF2, we're looking at it but not worrying too much about the conversion as it shouldn't be a major undertaking for D20PRO to support both. Additionally, I'm looking at some basic conversion mechanics which would allow rules switching via the Options->Rules panel to actually perform some conversion behind the scenes. This is hypothetical and behind the 3.7.4 update as well as a map update. Although the plan and dev style I've used thus far includes some sliding sideways between tasks -- honestly, I'd go crazy otherwise!

20. rob anderson

rob anderson New Member

I'm not how I could help but I'd be willing to help out however I could :).[/QUOTE]