1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

V3.7.2 Having trouble making dynamic creature visibility work

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Dragynn, Jan 3, 2018.

1. Dragynn

Dragynn New Member

Hi All,

just getting my feet wet here... I am having trouble getting the dynamic Creature visibility to work on a particular map. I am also unable to export that particular map... It is a large map. 55x95 with 7 FoW regions. I was able to export a different map I have but the visibility works on that map.... (I have attached it)

So I guess before I can get help on the visibility I first need help exporting the map..

Thanks!
    upload_2018-1-3_15-20-2.png

Attached Files:

2. Dragynn

Dragynn New Member

As an additional insight, I have deleted all of the objects from the map (so it is all blank) and it still will not export.... very odd...

3. Wesley Gorby

Wesley Gorby Production/Community Manager
    Staff Member

Typically this (export fail) is due to an encrypted asset/img ... Did you purchase the map from the marketplace (if so, that would explain it) ? if all else fails, a close/mid range (zoom) screenshot will sorta work as well.

4. Dragynn

Dragynn New Member

This is a hand drawn map. So far I am only using the "free" tokens etc from the marketplace.

Thanks!
    upload_2018-1-4_5-35-22.png upload_2018-1-4_5-34-20.png
    upload_2018-1-4_5-36-35.png

5. Dragynn

Dragynn New Member

Well, redid the map from scratch and dynamic visibility is now working correctly...

The only difference being I unchecked the Hide Negative space box and made walls for the unused space.

Must be user error :)

thanks

6. Wesley Gorby

Staff Member

no worries, yeah 'hide negative' space is a bit twitchy, I generally recommend not using that..
    It's a legacy thing from way back in the day.....

7. Dragynn

Dragynn New Member

Hi,

So a question about lights and light sources.

I am trying to set up my inn such that the lamps around the edges cast a general but dimmer light, then the tables themselves have lamps above them that illuminate the actual table.

When I set it up like I think I should the lights end up being darker where they cross instead of lighter... what am I doing wrong?

Map attached... also if you see I am incorrectly applying any FoW stuff while poking around let me know...

Thanks!

Attached Files:

8. Wesley Gorby

Staff Member

Nothing, it is currently working as intended. At some point in the future, the area where lights overlap will not have that effect, but I don't have any information on when that will be adopted.

9. Dragynn

Dragynn New Member

Ok! Thanks.

As an aside I ran my group through a small demo (we only use the mapping part with FoW) to may ohhs and ahhs... i’m Thinking a success

Promptly got myself a licence... really enjoying the use-ability ...

Peace

J

10. Wesley Gorby

Staff Member

A bit of patience is well worth it, there is a learning curve to using the app. It is very powerful and fairly flexible though. Glad your players liked it.