1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

Way of the Wicked

Discussion in 'User Created Content' started by mhossom, Feb 5, 2018.

1. mhossom

mhossom New Member

Hive Mind,
    My group is nearing the end of Rise of the Runelords. I am considering Way of the Wicked as our next adventure. Has anyone created D20Pro maps for it yet?

I love the idea a an evil campaign

2. KainPen

KainPen Member

I have large chuck of them, I just finished it sorta, we stopped at book 4, because group end up going thru 2 pretty lengthy side dungeon crawls. They where level 17 so figure that was a good point. It was easy to change that ending point, to end it as whole. There going to be few problems most of the maps where made pre shadow casting, and pre rules library setup. So you are going to have to put in new fog of war, and or create monsters, some of them will show up locked as the came out of Kickstarter marketplace constant. I also ran into constant problem while playing and beta testing of team UI getting messed up creature become unmovable to or not being able to be added to initiative or they would auto delete when trying to delete different monster. So If i get this content to you are going have to run older version of d20pro or just delete all the monsters and rebuild them.

3. mhossom

mhossom New Member

Not a problem about the monsters and I am pretty good at doing FoW with lighting.. I don't use all of the automation. I only use it as a really cool battlemap with movable tokens. I track initiative and all of that in Herolab.

I would appreciate any content you are willing to share.

Cheers!!

4. Wesley Gorby

Wesley Gorby Production/Community Manager
    Staff Member

Or just replace them on the map from the library. Or alternatively, do a UID reassignment. The problem you describe is tied to token UID not the token itself.

Re: tokens created and placed prior to the changes to the token ID system.

#4 Wesley Gorby, Feb 6, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2018
  5. KainPen

KainPen Member

the UID reassignment did not always work, especially with the last few updates. The creatures would just become completely un-selectable. But pulling from library, would work most of the time. Krilion do you know any good upload site I could copy this stuff to for mhossom, so they can download it? It is about a 1.2 gigs of data. I think my most recent problems where just coming from the data being upgrade upon upgrade upon upgrade and customs rules. I was running a lot of unchained stuff, in it. Mhossom, make sure you backup your current pathfinder skill, feat ect. TXT files. I have testing the most recent build with no old Campaigns and It is running smooth as butter with a new blank one, all the old bugs I was seeing where gone. There was actual more trait and options then there was before. Also Krilion are there links to old versions of D20pro any where I would recommend Mhossom use a version pre- the new rules library system. That when I started to run into a lot of problems

6. Wesley Gorby

Wesley Gorby Production/Community Manager
    Staff Member

I can help you solve an issue with the Application, happy to do so.
    The archive is located at http://pubs.d20pro.com/

I can not, however, offer any advice on where you might facilitate sharing that material.
    Not trying to sound short here, but there are lots of pitfalls and touchy points with regards to IP here.

I, on the other hand, would not, The latest version will do the best work and offer the better experience.

7. mhossom

mhossom New Member

If it helps with the upload thing, I would be willing to take just the map images (assuming you still have them). I can add the critters and FoW. I really appreciate your generous offer on this.

8. KainPen

KainPen Member

PM me your email address, looks like dropbox can take the files.