1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

Character Sheet

Discussion in 'D&D 5th Edition' started by Slagmoth, Mar 21, 2018.

1. Slagmoth

Slagmoth New Member

Are there plans to revamp the character sheets or possibly allow for users to create their own UI to them?

2. Wesley Gorby

Wesley Gorby Production/Community Manager
    Staff Member

Yes, there are solid plans for a character sheet reworking. If I recall correctly, character sheets will also be viewable outside the app.

3. Slagmoth

Slagmoth New Member

That is good, any idea when that can be released? This is literally my top reason for not using this exclusively yet.

The ability to create our own layout would go a long way to making this sytem agnostic. Little API to access the stats and HTML or other markup and a way to call the abilities and we would be set.

Further refinement of 5E compatibility would also help a lot.

4. Wesley Gorby

Staff Member

No, I have no timeline for it at the moment.

5e is fairly solid, how do you mean ' refinement of 5E compatibility'?

5. Slagmoth

Slagmoth New Member

Damage types and Conditions still are not 5E you have a bunch of stuff that is still there even when you change over from another rules set. I had asked about which file to edit to just get rid of the types that are not part of 5E but gave up. The character sheet is a bit "dated", sure it is functional but it lacks refinement and customization options.

AC modifiers are much less defined in 5E, no deflection and such. The spell system doesn't support 5e that I can tell yet as well, I know that was on the "todo" list and you can "sort of" get around that with the manual system.

But the main issue is that Character Sheet UI for me. Just feels clunky and dated and hard to use for a couple of my players that are not tech savvy.

6. Wesley Gorby

Staff Member

The 5e spell system works well now, tracks slots, allows for upcasting etc etc

All those have been done as far as I have seen.

There is no file to edit for this, it's hard written into the ruleset.

You haven't had to do this or rely on the old 'Abilities system' for quite some time now.

If by this you mean, you started with a PF dataset, then changed the ruleset to 5e for that campaign, it would explain a lot of what you are seeing.

I'd suggest, starting a new campaign as a 5e campaign.

7. Slagmoth

Slagmoth New Member

Most current is 3.7.2?

I started on 5E, haven't touched PF ever in this platform.

I just logged in again the other night and saw incorrect damage types and the spell slots and spells know were incorrect.

I have just tried to create a brand new one with the 5e and now I get errors on "failed to edit creature".

I will try again later, no time at the moment.

8. Wesley Gorby

Staff Member

9. Slagmoth

Slagmoth New Member

Got the latest version still get this:

upload_2018-3-26_20-37-40.png

And still see this stuff:

upload_2018-3-26_20-38-32.png

I will keep poking at it occasionally but if I choose 5E this seems really easy to not include.

10. Wesley Gorby

Staff Member

11. Wesley Gorby

Staff Member

Did you install over the top of an old version, or do a fresh install into a dif/new directory?

12. Wesley Gorby

Staff Member

[​IMG]

That list is appropriate to the system. Am I missing something here you are seeing that I am not?

13. Slagmoth

Slagmoth New Member

Ok, I thought I did a full uninstall but will try that again (likely tomorrow).

And no, those damage types are not appropriate for 5E, and conditions are mixed with damage types. May be a design choice but can get confusing. There is no such thing as "Arcane" or "Chaotic" damage and there is no special property for "Cold Iron" which is somewhat a shame imho.

I just fully uninstalled from my system and will reinstall tonight or tomorrow when the opportunity arises.

Thanks,

14. Slagmoth

Slagmoth New Member

Ok, looks like it installed this time. I see different things but still issues.

Was about to say the spell preparation wasn't fixed but went through preparation, it is just that the pre-gens don't have the correct about out of the box, glad to see this was fixed. That helps a lot.

The erroneous damage types are still there though.

I have not gone into the ability builder yet. Will look at this weekend if I get time.

Are feats and passive ongoing effects supported now?

15. Slagmoth

Slagmoth New Member

Also, appears there is still not a way to include resistance to nonmagical weapons or immunity in the case of the Couatl which is the one I was testing out just now. Unless I am missing something?

16. Slagmoth

Slagmoth New Member

Ability to import from file would be excellent. Tried to export then edit the txt file but seems there is encryption. It would save a great deal of time to be able to import from a flat file, I actually have a great many monsters already in JSON format and the controls on the character sheet make it very tedious to manually enter all this by hand.

17. Wesley Gorby

Staff Member

yes, they are Features and Traits