1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

5th Edition work progress

Discussion in 'D&D 5th Edition' started by owlbear, Nov 10, 2016.

1. Skel727

Skel727 New Member

Anything to report on the 3.7.3 Update? Looking forward to picking up the PHB when it hits...

2. owlbear

owlbear Administrator
    Staff Member

Indeed.

From my post this morning on Discord:

upload_2018-4-5_10-44-2.png

These are the last two hold out issues. If I can get these nailed down, I'll roll a test build and launch 3.7.3 immediately after approval!

The spell book would be fast on the heels.

Meanwhile, TheKiltLad, KrilionGD and Tay-Dor have reworked the campaign templates for 5e SRD, Pathfinder PRD, Starfinder and the like.
    These will all get rolled into the final test release for validation as well!

3. Skel727

Skel727 New Member

Sweet! Keep up the good work! Thanks for the timely answer...

4. Climp

Climp New Member

So with 3.7.3 released (thanks for the hard work BTW) are the spells now available? some are for me but i see a vast amount that are not. i thought hey maybe i download a old handbook so i deleted and re downloaded and re imported the spells still many were not imputed to the Flow chart. im not talking about spell that are odd just the one that are like you target X do X damage you know the point click kill kind or point click heal.

5. owlbear

owlbear Administrator
    Staff Member

Yes and no. To the best of my knowledge the content folks have not uploaded the updated PHB with spells. I'll ask 'em to do this early this week so we can get it all out there.

KiltLad had his internet shutdown for a major overhaul yesterday afternoon and he's the keeper of the PHB keys right now, so I'm guessing he'll be back and running this weekend -- upgraded to fiber (I'm slightly jealous....)

And thanks for the thanks. 3.7.3 took forever to get nailed down.

6. owlbear

owlbear Administrator
    Staff Member

Okay. So Version 1.1 of the PHB is out and can be downloaded from the Marketplace now (see here).

The core notes on this version are as follows:

Release Notes for Version 1.1 (5/10/2018)
    • Added Automation for most of the core spell list. Spells which do not contain full automation should perform enough to track the spells usage and behavior in game!
    • Added class trait automation for the core classes. Again, this is not 100% as some things are not approriate to track in an automated fashion in D20PRO. However, status and usage are tracked for all class and racial abilities.
    • Items have been updated to be fully equipable (with automated attacks and armor bonuses) and full Player's Handbook art attached.
    • Text corrections applied to all trait, spell and items to remove the odd special characters from the previous release.

That being said, disclaimer time. There are a few feature system bugs which I'm still working to squash. These changes to the core app mean that we'll see continued improvement to the spells and features in the PHB (and other products). For now, there's some odditiies with features which apply status markers where it's being inconsistent in the application of said markers. The Game Log is correct in all cases however, so GM's keep an eye on the log for a save that should have/not have a marker on a given creature.

Damaging effects (spells/features) is golden however, so it's really more of the odd/meta stuff that fantasy magic can do that's giving the system fits.

Anyway, I'll keep posting as we have more updates!

7. Corey

Corey New Member

With 3.7.3 out are the other core books shortly to follow? The MM is my most anticipated release.

8. Wesley Gorby

Wesley Gorby Production/Community Manager
    Staff Member

yup, we just pushed an update to the PHB to the marketplace. The MM is currently getting some attention.

9. owlbear

owlbear Administrator
    Staff Member

MM is slated for "very soon" which is different than the "soon" type comments of the past. Honestly, the dev working on the MM informed me that he's just cleaning up some different creation styles from the team so the creatures all match up then we'll QA and release!

10. Blueter

Blueter Member

very soon! Time to start a new rumor. Did you all here that owlbear said we'd get the MM by this weekend!

11. owlbear

owlbear Administrator
    Staff Member

lol! With PaizoCon behind us, I'll talk to #TheKiltLad (who's working on the MM) and see if he's ready to submit to WotC for review yet! Once we submit, it'll be a minimum of 10-days before we're allowed to release the darn thing.

12. kinwolf

kinwolf Member

Any news for the MM? Thx

13. owlbear

owlbear Administrator
    Staff Member

Indeed there is. WotC is currently reviewing our submission. Soon as we have a result from that we can launch this Vargouille!

kinwolf likes this.
  14. owlbear

owlbear Administrator
    Staff Member

So at long last the D&D Core: Monster Manual is 99% complete. We have one or two corrections to make and then we'll be ready to release this as early as next week!!

15. Whirlingdervish

16. mutant

mutant Member

any news on release of monster manual?

17. owlbear

owlbear Administrator
    Staff Member

18. owlbear

owlbear Administrator
    Staff Member

Which reads, D&D Core: Monster Manual now available for purchase on the marketplace!

19. Blueter

Blueter Member

Awesome Sauce!