1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

Players/Guests Do Not see Skills, nor can they make skill checks

Discussion in 'Bug Reports & Installation Support' started by AkosPrime, Aug 26, 2018.

1. owlbear

owlbear Administrator
    Staff Member

So the problem ended up not being RHEL or CentOS and is totally a bug in 3.7.4 related to class library population on game launch. To fix it without the update I'm rolling now, just open the Rules Library and navigate to the class library (last tap on the right). Open and close a class.

Oh, and just to be 100% clear, if you were running beta version of the application 3.7.3.x it's quiet possible you've got class definitions that need to be cleared out!

if so, the class definitions here will be incomplete (3 - 5 lintes). Just purge the whole list then open Options->Network and click on Refresh Resources to import the classes.txt defs into the library.

Now when folks connect it'll be correct!

3.7.5 is being rolled with a fix for the on-load bug, however, this will not auto-correct beta builds which have incomplete class imports.

2. AkosPrime

AkosPrime Member

If I do a fresh/clean install of 3.7.5 though, I should be good to go though, correct? So far I haven't been using the 'update' option, just downloading the latest tar/exe file and installing. I made the assumption that this would be a fresh/clean install environment and there wouldn't be any lingering configuration files or other ties to previous installations as I did not go through and uninstall/erase previous versions. Should I be doing that in order to ensure a fresh/clean environment?

3. Wesley Gorby

Wesley Gorby Production/Community Manager
    Staff Member

it's always a good idea to blow away the installation dir and start clean rather than install over the top of another install.