1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

Importing Players Handbook and Monster Manual Question

Discussion in 'Bug Reports & Installation Support' started by lexluthor, Nov 26, 2018.

1. lexluthor

lexluthor Member

I downloaded both 5e books, but when I import each one from the marketplace screen into my game , the "import marketplace content" seems to hang indefinitely. For the Monster Manual, you are only given one item to check, classes, but after hitting okay, it seems to not go anywhere, Should it take longer than an hour to add it to my creature library? There is no indication of where it is in the process of importing or if it has failed. I did restart the program afterwards, but still nothing added to my creature library. I am using a Mac desktop and the latest version of d20pro. Thanks.

2. Wesley Gorby

Wesley Gorby Production/Community Manager
    Staff Member

Both the PHB and the MM are very large and complex.

It may appear to be stalled out, it very likely is not. If I recall correctly Owlbear has put a better visual notation that it is working (progress meter) in the new Beta.

It may also be helpful to increase the RAM available to the application during such large imports (launcher screen, on the bottom)

3. lexluthor

lexluthor Member

Thanks for the quick reply last night! I am trying it again, right now its been going for 2 hours, but looks the same as it always does. I could not increase the RAM, it was greyed out on the launcher screen.

4. lexluthor

lexluthor Member

You were right, I just needed to be patient! I left it alone for 2 and half hours, but suddenly it started building the database. Its pretty cool! Thanks!

5. Wesley Gorby

Staff Member

are you using the exe or the batch file to launch the application?

if you are using the batch, you can alter its parameters.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

@echo off

REM To change the amount of memory allocated to d20Pro, modify the -Xmx argument.
    REM The default is -Xmx512m and allocates 512 megabytes of heap.
    REM If you are running out of memory, try to up to -Xmx1014 to get 1 gigabyte.
    REM On 32bit operating systems the maximum will vary. If d20Pro fails to start then
    REM you should lower the value until d20Pro starts.

start .\jre\bin\javaw.exe -Xmx4g -Dsun.java2d.ddoffscreen=false -Dsun.java2d.noddraw -Dsun.java2d.d3d=false -jar d20Pro.jar

6. lexluthor

lexluthor Member

I assume I'm using the exe, its your d20 icon on my mac desktop. Once I got everything loaded, none of the specials abilities worked. I saw the thread in the 5e section and I was having the same issues. Tons of duplications in my rules library. So I started from scratch, deleted the program and then reinstalled. It actually went much smoother, the importing only took about 45 minutes, but still tons of duplicates. I cleared all those out and made sure everything was checked, but I still have some issues I think.

The Glabrezu demon's power word is not defaulted to available like the other once a day powers. I have to go into the html sheet and apply it from there before it will show up in the abilities window. After I do that, i can recharge and use it from the icon like the other abilities. But when I do use it, I can't get it to recognize that a save has been made. The decision window comes up every turn, and when i expand it for the confirm made or failed save, there is nothing in the window to click (it looks like I should be able to transfer victim from failed to success, but her icon is not in the window). The only way to get rid of it is by cancelling it in the active effects window. I'm guessing this could be a problem as I access other creature abilities...such as the Beholder, which doesn't have any of its eye ray abilities assigned?

Also, when I load the game, it asks if I want to load legacy content, I chose no, just in case I was going to get even more duplicate entries. I didn't think I needed anything else but the monster manual, but if I should load legacy content, let me know. I appreciate your help.

7. Wesley Gorby

Staff Member

Lot's of things here..

If you do not want the Core template items.

You can either sort them and then delete them by hand.
    or
    Create a new campaign, select none for the template, once it loads, goto Options and set your Rules Set, then do your Imports.
    http://guide.d20pro.com/ct_app_options/#rules

it's likely just not Enabled, there should be a green square next to the entry. You can enable it in the Library copy of the token.

No sure, I'd need to take a look at the critter and the ability. I'll see what I can dig up

You should need to do this once, after the Import, close the application and re open it. This should prompt you to Load legacy Content, go through each tab available and select "merge All' and then hit the Ok/Confirm Button