1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

Some questions

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by kinwolf, Oct 17, 2019.

1. kinwolf

kinwolf Member

Life being what it is(and 2 kids taking alot of free time, heh) it's been more than a year since I used D20Pro (I ran a Red Hand of Doom campaign with D&D 5e rules. It went relatively well with a group of 4 scattered over 200 km. Most quirks we had were due to lack of experience with the software, and fighting the somewhat dated UI<<--this is my humble opinion, I respect everyone that like the interface as is :) )

I now have some free time *knock on wood* and I was looking at starting something new with a new system(I finally settled on Mythras(Runequest 6) I've wanted to try Runequest ever since my old rpg gang tried a few sessions of Warhammer 2nd ed waaayyyy back in high school.)

Question 1: A year ago, there were talks of the rule api and a github repo, and I was wondering if that was completed yet? I haven't found any other info on that. I did find the github repo, but the last push was one year ago(the initial push?) and I do not see how to really use the api, no doc?.(I dabble with python alot, but never java)

Question 2: Related to Q1: Would it be possible for me, with the latest D20Pro version and whatever tools are now available in it, to implement the Mythras ruleset? Or am I daydreaming and this would be a monumental task? (if it's not possible, we'll settle for a D100 dice roller and simply use D20Pro for the maps exploration part)

Thanks!

#1 kinwolf, Oct 17, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 17, 2019
  2. Wesley Gorby

Wesley Gorby Production/Community Manager
    Staff Member

This would be my suggestion to use that system at this time. Eventually, the RUles API will make things like this a lot easier, but currently, it needs some love and attention to be useful for most average users. Just my two coppers :)

3. kinwolf

kinwolf Member

That's what I figured. No biggie.
    Is there a new tentative roadmap on what will be worked on?
    Last time I checked(many, many months ago) there was some talks of maybe one day changing the UI(by replacing the library used for the GUI for a newer one I think? )

4. Wesley Gorby

Wesley Gorby Production/Community Manager
    Staff Member

The UI/UX update is currently underway, yes.