1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice
Savage_GM
Last Activity:
Mar 30, 2017 at 11:38 AM
Birthday:
Apr 14, 1968 (Age: 56)
IT Support

Share This Page

Savage_GM

New Member, Male, 56, from Fort Worth, TX

Savage_GM was last seen:
Mar 30, 2017
    1. There are no messages on Savage_GM's profile yet.
  • About

Birthday:
    Apr 14, 1968 (Age: 56)
    IT Support
    INTERESTS:
    RPG Games
    GOOGLEPLUS:
    ScottSveter
    I am an old school gamer. I’ve been playing and DMing since I was 11. I enjoy Gamemastering quite a bit but I would like to get into a good game as a player sometime. I live in Fort Worth and plan to stay for a long time.

I grew up in Houston, Texas, in the suburbs. My younger years were spent screwing around like most 10-12 year olds do. Around age 11 I was first introduced to D&D.

I had a 1st Level Thief, who lost his life to a sword slinging skeleton while picking a lock; I was hooked. Ever since then I have played just about every kind of roleplaying game once. Some of these included some TSR oldies like Gamma World, Boot Hill, and yes even Star Frontiers with the space monkeys. I grew out of those and moved into superhero games like Champions, Villians & Vigilantes, and GURPS. Then onto some sci-fi since I had a powersuited hero it was a logical leap. The books of William Gibson and Bruce Sterling turned me to Cyberpunk. The genre was excellent hard, gritty, and adrenaline pumped adventures. I also got into Battletech and Ogre tabletop amored combat games.

Leaving my boyhood behind I joined the Army, enlisting in (you guessed it) the Armored Corps. I joined up as an M-1 Tanker at the age of 19. I have been tanking ever since. Fortunately some of my Army training rubbed off into my gaming. I had a better understanding of flanking, supporting fire, and yes plain old assaults. I have also gained actual combat experience with Desert Storm and 2 tours in OIF.

In 2010 I retired from the Army and went into overseas government contracting for a bit. While in Iraq I ran the Savage Tide Adventure Path using the D&D 3.5 rules. Additionally I also have run several settings using the GURPS 4.0 rules by Steve Jackson Games. I finished overseas contracting and now work from home as an Project Coordinator for ASM Research providing IT Onboarding support to the VA. This allows me more time with my daughters and chances to get together with friends for a rousing game of whatever.