1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

Drag Windows Outside of the Main Window

Discussion in 'Feature Requests' started by Entola, Aug 24, 2012.

1. Entola

Entola Member

I have 2 monitors and it would be nice if I could drag the windows, like the dice box or the effects window, to the other monitor. Currently I have to drag the main window to cover both monitors, which would be fine if both my monitors were the same resolution, so it works, but it's a little kluge.

2. KainPen

KainPen Member

I 2nd this

3. daytripper68

daytripper68 New Member

Add another vote for this feature. Screen real estate is always at a premium, and having access to windows and the map simultaneously is tricky. The "Hint" window at startup and the "Edit Creature" window are free-floating, but Game Log, Library, Mini, etc are not.

It would be helpful to choose the state of those windows (Pin/unpin to map, for example). Control over size and positioning is critical for optimizing screen real estate (hence its centrality to gui interfaces since the 80s).

I'd put this as a "medium" priority issue for me. It is less important than "handle nonlethal damage" but more important than "move the 'End the turn for the current creature' button to the right side of the button row and give it an icon less similar to 'undo'".

4. Dragonmaster13

To handle non-lethal damage I just use the Thumb Clicker extension for now.