1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

So JRE 6 is dead...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Knucklehead, Apr 1, 2013.

1. Knucklehead

Knucklehead New Member

No longer even getting security updates as of February.

I'm quite certain you're migrating to 7, but is there some sort of time table you guys have for ironing out some of the issues d20pro has with it?

Currently reinstalling java 6 and moving d20pro to a directory right off of root, as I get different behavior (all of them not so good) no matter what else I try. (Run as admin, run bat from cmd, run 64 bit bat from cmd, run from powershell, run bat as admin from windows...)

But I was thinking most of this is resolved if d20pro starts playing nice with java 7, right?

2. edwardcd

edwardcd Administrator
    Staff Member

You are correct, we are developing v3.4 with Java 7. In the future we are planning to make it easier to run d20Pro regardless of your installed Java and or computer settings.

If you are still having trouble running d20Pro, please contact me on skype: edwardcd and notate the contact request with "d20pro" inside the request so I can approve it. Then we can see what can be done to fix the issue you are experiencing.

3. Kotawolf

Kotawolf Member

Problems running with Java 7.....
    All the issues I have, well there are work a rounds.
    I'm posting these to make sure that SOMEONE has noticed them, and that they are being worked on for the next version.

The D20 Splash window, never goes away... have to click on it on the task bar and close it there.
    The Log file.... doesn't always like to wrap to screen... and once one line doesn't wrap, nothing will until you clear the log history.
    Attacks - You can only do one attack at a time, for those critters that have Claw, Claw, Bite, Rake.. you have to open the attack window four times....

This is just what I've seen.. it is annoying but as I said.. each has a work around.

4. rabika

rabika New Member

The majority of times, this is caused when your computer's Date, Time Zone, and Time is set incorrectly. Even if the Time is correct, the Time Zone could be incorrect and your computer is sending a wrong time to our server. For a walkthrough, please visit
    viewtopic.php?f=12&t=404#p1892

pimsleur-review pimsleur language review - pimsleur-review.com
    learn-language http://www.learn-language.org.uk - learning chinese language
    learnspanishonline learn spanish online
    learn-french how to learn french for free
    learn-language http://www.learn-language.me - learning chinese language