1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

License management

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by heldenhammer, Jun 29, 2013.

1. heldenhammer

heldenhammer New Member

Hi
    I love d20pro. My test game convinced me and my players so therefore I bought a judge and two player licenses.
    And now my question, how do I provide the licenses to my players?
    Or is it as simple as opening a session and the number of players equal to the numbers of the licenses I purchased are allowed to login in via the internet to my session?
    Understandable?
    Sorry but german, not english is my first language
    Greetings and thanks to the developpers for that good application.

2. Golkiwu

Golkiwu Member

The Judge you purchased comes with 2 Guest Slots. Guest slots allow those with a trial version of D20PRO to Play on your Judge. So anyone with a Trial License will take up one of your Guest slots.

Player Licenses are usually Purchased by people who want to Play but not Judge. Those with a Player License will not take up a Guest Slot on your Judge.

Guest Slots can be added ($10 each I think) to your Judge and no one needs a license to play on your Judge, up to the # of Guest slots you have purchased.

Here is the Big difference with them all:

-Judge and Guest Licenses are Associated with your Account.

-A Player license is associated with the individual player (they have to have their own account, and the Players License belongs to them, not you).

-Anyone with a full version (Judge) of D20PRO also has a Player License. You having a Judge License can Log into another game as a Player and not take up a Guest Slot.

I am unsure of your original intention with the purchase, but It seems you wanted to buy 2 extra Guest Slots and not 2 Player licenses.

They are the same price. If this is the case, just contact D20PRO and have them change the Player Licenses to Guest Slots. This will give you 4 total Guest Slots (2 from the original Judge Purchase, and 2 from the Guest Slot Purchase).

Otherwise, Contact them and see what they can do about transferring the Player Licenses to the Two Player's (Who will need a Login) that you want to have them.

I recommend the Guest Slots, as this is something that you can use with ANYONE with a Trial D20PRO Account. The Trial, while having the Judge side of the Trial expires in 30 days, the Player side can be used indefinitely as long as a there are Guest Slots available on the GM's Judge.

Contact them here ---> http://www.d20pro.com/contact/

I hope I have helped.

3. heldenhammer

heldenhammer New Member

Yes indeed That helped me very much.
    I only need two additional guest slots which I will purchase soon.
    So my players will log on with the trial version, but isn't it limited to only 30 days?
    Do I have to expext any impact on my game performance?

4. Golkiwu

Golkiwu Member

A trial license only impacts using the Judge side of the software for 30 days, and being a player who does not use a guest slot for 30 days.

If someone has a trial (older than 30 days), and the person running the Judge (Purchased/owned) has guest slots, then the person with the trial can log into the Judge and will take up a guest slot on that Judge. The Trial can be "expired" in this manner to play and still function.

Everything should work the same way for the player and yourself, trial or not.