1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

Hero lab multi class pathfinder character import problems

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by gaudaost, Sep 7, 2013.

1. gaudaost

gaudaost New Member

I have a major problem with multi-classed characters that I made in hero lab, I can't import them properly at all because I get the following error:
    It seems to think that Cleric 2/Fighter is a single class, rather than understanding it as: Fighter lvl 4, cleric lvl 2.

Is there something that can be done to fix this problem? If not I would very much like to see this fixed in the next patch. I have the latest version of both hero lab and D20Pro, and I have enabled the pathfinder rules in my campaign.

2. edwardcd

edwardcd Administrator
    Staff Member

Re: Hero lab multi class pathfinder character import problem

Can you please attach:
    Hero Lab portfolio (por)
    Hero Lab exported to d20Pro file (hld20pro)

You can either ZIP them in a single file, or change the ext from original to .txt to upload them to the forums. And we'll see what's going on so we can fix it :)

3. gaudaost

gaudaost New Member

Certainly! I've attached the file in a zip format.

I've inspected the file myself, and the problem seems to lie on this line:
    It reads Cleric 2/Fighter as one class with level 4. I tried to edit it in the following way:
    hoping that would work, but it only loads the last class written i.e. Fighter. I suspect that the solution to this problem could be fairly simple, so I hope you can fix it soon :)

Attached Files:

4. Entola

Entola Member

Could you attach the Hero Labs file too? When i import it into D20Pro it is only a 4th Level Fighter and I'd like to look at the HL file to see what might be going on. On a side note, those are some seriously high stats :)

5. edwardcd

edwardcd Administrator
    Staff Member

Entola is correct, please attach the Hero Lab portfolio so we can identify and resolve :)

6. gaudaost

gaudaost New Member

Ah yes, my apologies :)

now, both should be attached.

As for the high stats, I was very lucky with my ability score rolles for my fighter, as well as the power of craft wondrous items, giving me much cheaper gear :)

edit: There are two characters in the portfolio, both are multi-classed and the problem apply equally to both characters.

Attached Files:

7. edwardcd

edwardcd Administrator
    Staff Member

Thank you for the information.

It seems Hero Lab changed the way they export files, they are now using "/" vs previous ","

This will be fixed shortly.

8. edwardcd

edwardcd Administrator
    Staff Member

Update is here to save the day! :)

Download new Hero Lab Plugin for d20Pro
    New HeroLab Plugin for d20Pro

Place in the following directory ( \d20Pro\judge\plugins\ )
    [​IMG]

9. firebringer

firebringer Member

edwardcd,
    Does the version of the HL plug-in that fixes this issue also contain the fix to the weapons coming across from HL showing d0 in d20Pro? They both show 60K in size....which version contains both fixes?

Thanks,

firebringer

10. edwardcd

edwardcd Administrator
    Staff Member

This link will always be the most recent update, regardless of date of the post. All current fixes are included.

11. firebringer

firebringer Member

Thanks Edward...I'll be sure to use the link above for all my HL plug-in needs.

Btw, I wanted to say thanks to you guys for quick turnaround time on fixes to the d20Pro Hero Lab importer. I know that Hero Lab kicks out new content really quickly and that must make it very easy to break the export/import process to d20Pro. Since Sept 5th you've fixed both the outstanding issues my group has had with the import (d0 weapon damage and the multi-class coming across as fighter levels), and I can't tell you how important that is for groups playing virtual games, since I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say that there's a BUNCH of us that use the combination of Hero Lab and d20Pro to make our games happen.

Anyway, just wanted to say thanks and that your efforts are really appreciated and this is just another reason why my group is still glad we left our previous VTT (to remain nameless) for d20Pro.

firebringer