1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

d20Pro Adventure Path Purchase question

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Widjit, Sep 14, 2013.

1. Widjit

Widjit New Member

I'm trying out d20Pro right now. So far I'm really liking it. However, I was looking at the market place for pre-made modules to try out with my friends once I purchase it.

I see that there is Rappan Athuk in the market place. If I purchase it for the 1200 coins in the market, would I still need to buy the books / pdf to be able to run the adventure, or would I be able to run it completely with just what is purchased in the market alone?

Thanks all. :)

Widj

2. ChrisRevocateur

From what I understand, all that is in the d20Pro files is the maps set up with creatures, fog of war, and markers for traps and such. The story, and everything else that goes to the adventure path isn't included. They're made so that people with the adventure can run it easily in d20Pro using it for the automation and other features without having to take the time to input everything themselves, which just adds another layer to the prep work that a GM usually has to do.

3. Widjit

Widjit New Member

Wow, OK, thank you. I might need to look at a different adventure path then. 120 dollars for the files plus another 100 dollars for the books seems a bit steep. Thank you! :D

Widj

4. Ours1984

Ours1984 New Member

Maybe I make a mistake but all Rappan Athuk files cost 1200 silver = 120 gold. And 120 gold cost 12$ on the marketplace.

5. ChrisRevocateur

There is no silver in the marketplace, everything is in gold prices, otherwise that would be EXTREMELY confusing.

6. Ours1984

Ours1984 New Member

Ok so everything is awfully expensive ><"

7. Golkiwu

Golkiwu Member

Well, considering how large the dungeon is, and having everything done for you already, $120 is not so bad. There were countless hours of work done for this, and someone needed to get paid for it. I have been working on converting Shattered Star and the first module (which I am not done with, already has 10+ hours of my time in it. so for a 10+ multi-level dungeon ready to play, that price is not so high.

8. Entola

Entola Member

That's $120 for the whole AP, that's not the way to look at this purchase. I don't know about you, but it will take my gaming group a long time to get through an AP. I've been running Carion Crown Pathfinder AP every other week for almost a year now and we are one session from finishing the 2nd book. At this pace we'll be done with all 6 in a little over 3 years. If I sat down and bought all 6 of the APs that would be $120, not including all the hours it would take to make all the maps and tokens and such, but I don't buy them all at once. I spread out my purchases over 3+ years. If I could buy the AP with all the maps and tokens done, I would do it in a heartbeat. I spend countless hours making makes and tokens.

Now I will give you that the way the stuff in the marketplace is laid out it's not clear what I would need to purchase, but I would assume that if I purchased the AP it would be clear what I would need to to buy from the marketplace.

9. jmckid

jmckid New Member

The amount of time it has taken me to create just fog of war and correct tokens for Burnt Offerings - I would have paid $50 for just that time back easily. $120 for a whole module (6 chapters ready to go) - bargain!

10. CorzatTheGray

CorzatTheGray New Member

I think that this type of confusion begins by being able to purchase "gold" by a gold/yellow colored icon at the top of the Marketplace window and then when you look at the cost of an item in the Marketplace description it is by a silver/gray colored icon. I was just looking at the Marketplace as well for the cost of Rappan Athuk and was also under the impression that it was cost in "silver" but due to the ability to purchase "gold" I came to search the forums incase anyone else had this same confusion... and apparently there was.