1. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

Unusable toolkit

Discussion in 'Bug Reports & Installation Support' started by sheepdog42, Sep 27, 2013.

1. sheepdog42

sheepdog42 New Member

I am running win 8 64bit on a 3.4ghz I7 with 12GB of DDR3. For reference.

Ok so every time i load up d20 pro it starts to slow down within a minute and completely freezes. The program has become unusable and i have a game i am trying to run with my fellow soldiers and can't get it started till this gets fixed.
    When i first installed the program it would freeze after an hour and then slowly became more and more consistent to the point i cant use the it.
    I tried reinstalling the program and java but that did not help. Compatibility mode does not help either.
    Any Ideas?

2. Entola

Entola Member

What version of Java do you have installed? I have windoes 8 and finally got tired of having Java 6 and Java 7 32-bit and Java 7 64bit. I finally uninstalled all of them and am just running Java 7 64-bit (I think it's 64) and it seems to run smooth.

3. sheepdog42

sheepdog42 New Member

im running java 7 64bit i have done some more testing it seems the more parts of the map i add the more it slows down

4. KainPen

KainPen Member

remove java 64bit and install java 32bit. Java 64bit plays hell with all kinds of java apps not just D20pro. It should clear up your problem.