1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

d20Pro vs FG2

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Yeshka, Oct 8, 2013.

1. Yeshka

Yeshka New Member

I was wondering if any one has compared these two virtual table tops and if they can offer any opinions on which is better, why?

2. BoomerET

BoomerET New Member

I own both.

d20Pro with 11 seats, and FG Ultimate.

Why? Because they both are great packages.

Obviously, asking here on this board your replies are going to likely be a bit biased of course.

d20Pro does what it was made for extremely well, and with the fantastic content coming to the marketplace soon, it's a good choice.

BoomerET

3. ChrisRevocateur

I tried Fantasy Grounds II a few years back, when I was shopping for what VTT I wanted to use, and FGII is great at what it does, which is a graphically beautiful interface with interactive dice and some basic rules automation.

Why I chose d20Pro instead is because what I wanted was a VTT that would make the rules into a background, so I could concentrate on the story and the characters. d20Pro's exhaustive d20 rules automation (that they are bettering all the time, though updates might seem few and far between sometimes) allows me to do that. When used completely and correctly, d20Pro runs pretty much all the math and rolling for you. You just have to say tell it "I attack it with this" by using the menus, and it's taken care of.

Now this heavy rules automation could be detrimental if house rules are involved, but luckily d20Pro doesn't lock ANYTHING down. They definitely need to better the interface for seeing and changing roll totals for example, but it's all there to mess with as you want.

Fantasy Grounds allows atmospheric immersion, closer to actually playing around a table with your friends than any other VTT I've tried, but d20Pro was made to make your game faster and easier to play.

4. Yeshka

Yeshka New Member

Thanks for the replies, think I am sold on D20Pro :D