1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

Unable to determine Public IP

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by bigkilla, May 28, 2011.

1. Vision9000

Vision9000 Member

These other systems can "see" your system, like when a networked file share is turned on? They are getting an IP address from DHCP in your LAN?

I ask, because sometimes in the non-routable ranges, LAN (segments) won't necessarily "see" each other. The ability to see the external address would make sense under those conditions, because it is known as an external address, and the local machines would search for it and find it.

If the local machines IP addresses are the issue, you can confirm by checking the addresses.

Example:

Host machine: IP 192.168.1.100

Client machine: IP 192.168.1.101

If the client can't see the host, and both the client and host can get to the Internet, then the problem is very likely firewall/security settings on the host or client which prevent untrusted LAN connections.

However, if the client IP is something else (e.g. 192.168.0.110, note the 3rd octet differs) you might try releasing and renewing the IP on the client, or giving it a fixed alternate IP address in the same subnet (e.g. 192.168.1.xxx) that does not conflict with an existing assignment.

2. brownish

brownish New Member

Yeah ! i agree with you . I would like to add another source to determine public ip here :

Ip-details.com

3. Entola

Entola Member

Just Google "What's my ip"