1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

HELP!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Thraxas, Feb 6, 2012.

1. Thraxas

Thraxas New Member

Greetings,

I am unable to have anyone connect to me. I've been using D20pro to host my game on Infrno, and haven't had a problem till today when we had a sudden power outage while I was running the game. Power came back on 5 minutes later, I was rebooted of course, and when I tried to run my game, nobody could re-connect. I checked all my setting, with router, and Norton, and everything is still set the same. Rebooted, and still nothing. So, I deleted all the old setting, ran the guide you have, and set it up the same way I did the first time when it worked, and still nothing.

Windows Firewall is off
    Router is set to allow d20 port 10101
    Norton is set up to allow incoming, outgoing 10101

I run http://www.canyouseeme.org/ and get this error...

Error: I could not see your service on 68.52.148.162 on port (10101)
    Reason: Connection refused

What has happened, anyone know?

Thanks.

2. AEIOU

AEIOU Member

The connection guide available at viewtopic.php?f=2&t=773 is brilliant and a great source for troubleshooting. I don't know if this is listed in it but it happened to me recently: check to see if your router has assigned your computer a new IP address. If that happened, you may need to change the port routing to the new IP address.

3. Thraxas

Thraxas New Member

Greetings,

That's exactly what happened. Jason guided me through how to check to see if my IP address had been changed, and it had changed by 1 digit. I am back up and running. WOOOHOOO! Thanks everyone.

4. NetherLord

NetherLord New Member

http://www.ipchicken.com is a great way to verify your external IP address. I have been using it for years and it's rock solid. (And you get a few laughs when you first tell people the name)

Please delete if this was posted somewhere else.

5. brownish

brownish New Member

Well ! i use Ip-details.com to verify my external ip address .

6. Entola

Entola Member

I just google, "What's my ip"

7. Wesley Gorby

Wesley Gorby Production/Community Manager
    Staff Member

It's a really good idea to have your router assign a specific ip to a specific MAC address.. in this way, you know your PC will always be IP#xxx ... It's also a good idea anyway for security as generally routers allow you to filter access by MAC ... (MAC filter whitelist).. It's also a lot easier to do it via the router, than to try and hardset ip on each machine or device...

some routers will allow you to assign specific IP# based on Machine name (MyPCName = ip#).. but they are not as common, where as assigning by MAC is..

in this way you assure devices assign by MAC are always the same number, then everything else in the house can just float (dynamically assign/DHCP)