1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

player needs GM licence only, without the two floating

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by mahhand, Oct 10, 2013.

1. mahhand

mahhand Member

Dear d20pro

I have a large player group consisting of seven players and myself making a total of 8. Two of my players are spell casters. We run a high level campaign so there spell lists are rather large. I like how d20pro handles prepared and known spells, but what really is lacking is for my player to be able to handle his spells prepared load out.

My understanding is that they are able to do this if they have a GM license,that way they will be able to open their character tokenand then upload the same results to me. this would work great but I cant see any reason for d20pro or myself to charge them 30.00 for a gm licence that comes with two player slots that they don't need, when all they require is a single license to be able to p,any and edit there character sheets offline. Pls help.

P.S. I believe that the kick starter was offering the full GM package for 10.00 when it was live, but they missed it so I am hoping something could be don't for them.

Thank You

2. mahhand

mahhand Member

I am really hopeful that I can still get a positive answer on this. Thanks

3. Entola

Entola Member

I'm going to be honest here, I think that what you are requesting is a very specific issue that only effect a small number of users. What I would rather see is a fix to the spell system so that this isn't a problem. If they would just allow for users to have the ability to 1. set the effects of the spells themselves and 2. D20Pro would remember those effects, it would solve this issue.

I say all that, but I realize that isn't why you are posting here. I hope that they will contact you with an answer but since it has already been nearly two week, I think that means you have your answer.

4. Wesley Gorby

Wesley Gorby Production/Community Manager
    Staff Member

I don't think they will accommodate anything like that.. it's kind of a "back handed request" for players to be able to edit characters in a way...
    I really think the current model cost (and the fact that all updates are free) is one of the things that make d20pro FANTASTIC! When compared to other VTT software, the current cost is well below the common standard... The value of d20pro judge is very favorable to its' cost...

in our community I can think of at least 6-8 players who do not GM games-- who have the Judge client for just theses reasons (editing their own characters) and they are extremely happy to support the software...

why doesn't your group chip in and get the needed players the judge client, our group did that for one of our players, because we knew the cost was a hardship for the player in question and we really enjoy his company.. we all chipped in 5 bucks... problem solved and we helped support the software...

5. Wesley Gorby

Wesley Gorby Production/Community Manager
    Staff Member

agreed, but until we see 3.4 or the stage "Spell system to be totally revamped" it is really hard to know what the software is going to do or allow... We know they are unhappy with the current spell system model and have agreed to many of the communities suggestions and comments.. You kinda just have to accept the current model for what it is and be patient since we know the new model is going to be drastically different...