1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

Memory and the Tomes

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by phloog, Jan 5, 2014.

1. phloog

phloog Member

So I'm trying to use all these lovely Kickstarter stretch goals, and I cannot load the Tome of Horrors Complete as it runs out of memory. I have tried changing the BAT files to 1024, and it changes nothing.

Is there any plan to move this thing off Java and allow the application to actually use the Gigs of memory I have? This is kind of ludicrous.

How about a Kickstarter for core improvements to D20Pro (better HeroLab integration, moving away from Java, etc.)?

2. phloog

phloog Member

Update - - I can install D20Pro at 784/25 but no larger...ANYTHING higher on my 4Gig machine and it cannot start the VM...completely unable to open D20Pro.

Even at that level, the install of the ToHComplete fails from running out of memory.

So is it just me, or are people paying for Marketplace content that they cannot actually load onto their machines?

Supremely annoying.

3. Golkiwu

Golkiwu Member

I have to ask, Is your machine running 32 or 64 bit OS?

4. phloog

phloog Member

Win 7, 64bit OS, 8gig (mistyped in earlier post).

I'm assuming it's user error, but at the same time I find myself wishing that a utility meant to make my life easier wouldn't require that I manage memory allocation. It's a very complex piece of software I'm sure, but I have a large number of other applications that just run.

5. phloog

phloog Member

Many thanks to Thraxxis - I believe it is resolved now.

Solution was going to 1024/128 - - I think I may have tried every combination but that one.

Thanks again,
    JT