1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

I need clarification for backing the kickstarter.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Truwen, Sep 3, 2014.

1. Truwen

Truwen Member

Want to back the kick starter, but am a little confused on which option is right for me.

I am a long time d20pro user with a gm license and several + guest slots. What options would be best for me. I am looking at the 25$ and the 15$ pledge options. But am unclear as to which is the best option for my current license. Does the 25$ option give an upgrade? Or a whole new license, making my legacy license obsolete (including the guest slots)?

At any rate, I like where the kickstarter is going and the d20pro roadmap thus far. Keep it up guys.

2. Golkiwu

Golkiwu Member

If you have a full license and some guest slots (how many do you have?) the $15 is probably right for you. If I remember correctly, that option upgrades and gives Gencon Content. I "a la cart" ed that, and also added the +4 Guests as well in addition to adding the GenCon Content. I believe the 25$ option is exactly what you think, a separate full license with the 2 guest slots. If someone had been using a trial, and wanted to get a full license, this would be the option for them.

Me being a full License Holder with +4 Guest Slots, I did this:

$5 for License Upgrade
    $10 Gencon Content (I could have just chosen the $15 that includes both, but I wanted to be SURE of what I was getting)
    $15 Addtional +4 Guest Slots

Gets me to $30, which is what the original license for D20Pro cost (which I got free due to winning a copy at a tournament).
    I will probably add on some of the token packs and other stuff they added before too long, but I hope this helps clarify for you.

3. Truwen

Truwen Member

That is what I thought between the 15$ and 25$ options. I believe I have 4 guest slots, or 5. I don't remember off the top of my head, as my group hasn't played in a very long time.

At any rate, thanks for the information. I look forward to Unlimited! Think I will go ahead and pledge for the 15$ slot. From your description it seems that is the best option for me.

Any way, thanks again.

4. Caraldur

Caraldur Member

If I pledge $100 for the Developer Early Access, does that include a license upgrade or do I need to add that as an addon? I think if you are pledging $100 it should be include, but I'm not sure if it is include.

-Car

5. Golkiwu

Golkiwu Member

That is a Dev question for sure.

6. Truwen

Truwen Member

I was wondering, in the upgrade it's a full + 2 upgrade under the 15 dollar pledge. If I do that, will that add +2 guest slots to my existing +4 when my license is upgraded?

Thanks again for the clarifications.

7. Golkiwu

Golkiwu Member

All I can say is that in the past, they have been very gracious with requests of that nature. I am curious on the official line on that.