1. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

Mac Installation Issues

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by chiefweasel, Aug 8, 2014.

1. chiefweasel

chiefweasel New Member

Hey there, I can't seem to be able to upgrade on my Mac. When i try I get a message saying: “d20ProUpdater_3.3.4.app” is damaged and can’t be opened. You should eject the disk image." When I eject the image the installation shuts down and stops. Any ideas?

Thanks

2. Earl Halfhand

Earl Halfhand New Member

Ditto. I am attempting the trial but without success.

3. billolmesdahl

billolmesdahl New Member

This sounds like an issue I've run into before. Apple is trying to protect you from yourself and has locked down installs from anywhere they don't approve. To fix this, you need to go into System Prefs > Security & Privacy and click the Lock icon to unlock this area. You'll need to put in your password to do this. Then where it says Allow Apps downloaded from: change that to Anywhere and click the lock again. This should allow you to install the software.

4. chiefweasel

chiefweasel New Member

Nope same issue still exists for me. I already have an older version of D20Pro on my Mac, but it won't let me update it or install a newer version.

I am part of the kickstarted so I am hoping that the newest version works correctly.

5. Wesley Gorby

Wesley Gorby Production/Community Manager
    Staff Member

it isn't the software that is at issue, it is the OS that is preventing it...

6. chiefweasel

chiefweasel New Member

So... I guess I am just not able to use the newest version of the software? Since the older versions worked.

7. Wesley Gorby

Wesley Gorby Production/Community Manager
    Staff Member

I'm not a "Mac guy" by any means, but it sound like billolmesdahl knows his way around a bit.. but I can tell you from similar experience with dealing with Win8's "helping you protect yourself" "Features", there are hoops to jump through to get it to work.. of on win8 the best solution is to install directly off the root C:\d20pro\ ...

I have no idea what that means on Mac or how to get around the Mac "helping you protect yourself from yourself" schema ... but it's not fair to blame the appication, for the fault of the OS... The OS, is preventing the installation, not the application..

Perhaps one of the other Mac users could offer you some help... We have 2 Mac users in our group, I'll ask them when I see them and ask them to check this thread and see if they can offer any advice...