1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

Custom Calendar Support and Future Events

Discussion in 'Feature Requests' started by daytripper68, Nov 15, 2013.

1. daytripper68

daytripper68 New Member

Current date and time features list only "Day X, 9:02am", etc. Works great for tracking durations, etc, but...

I'd like the ability to:
    put in a custom Calendar, including Months, # days per month, days of the week, # of months/days per year, and the current year
    then be able to start a campaign or session at a specific date on that calendar,
    as hours turn into days, and days into months and years, the calendar advances appropriately
    Fantasy gaming happens "Early in the month of Lamashan, when cold winds blow", not "Day 47". :)

Future Events:
    Once a calendar is implemented, it'd be nice to be able to set future reminders, such as:
    -"Toilday, Rova 6 is the High Holiday for Abadar" or something like that, or
    -2 days from now, at 8am, Lilly will feel the effects of filth fever

Of course, some of the Future Event functionality can be mimicked with effects, especially if one is willing to use a token to handle them. But since effects don't alert when they expire, it is easy to miss longer-term reminders. So, maybe a fast and dirty way to handle Future Event tracking is to implement pop-ups on effect expiration, with either a system option, or an effect-level option to suppress/activate.

2. Dark Lord Galen

Dark Lord Galen New Member

Hate to necro this thread,,, but I am the Dark Lord after all.... Mawwwahhaawaw
    Seriously, this would be very helpful, has any action been considered?

3. ChrisRevocateur

d20Pro is more a virtual tabletop than a campaign management software, so I kinda doubt this will be a priority for the development team. You should look into Realm Works by Lone Wolf development though.

4. Dark Lord Galen

Dark Lord Galen New Member

I agree realm works (when fully developed) is a good tool .
    What I was referring was the ability to at least change the default display, or even better link or import that data from realm works or other sources